Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

It's probably iParcel. Uh Oh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TitianGerm wrote: »
    :pac: why send it with UPS? All my Prime deliveries have been An Post and everything has made it in two days.

IDK, it went Italy -> Germany -> UK -> Ireland.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

In fairness they probably did call in when you were around

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sugarman wrote: »
    RX570 8GB €181.50 and also comes with Assassins Creed Odyssey FREE! An absolute steal.

Where can you see that you get Assassin's creed?

Edit: Sorry I see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where can you see that you get Assassin's creed?

Edit: Sorry I see it now.

Says free items just over the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Says free items just over the picture.

I've got those games.

Strange Brigade is fun and well made but pretty limited. Probably better in multiplayer.

Star Control origins is quite a bit of fun/has decent enough gentle humour but is a bit rough in places and there's some distasteful legal warfare going on between stardock (who made this one) and the original star control 2 devs (who own most of the IP bar the name and want to make their own sequel to SC2).

AC Odyssey is solid but isn't really an AC game anymore. I'd recommend it but it's much closer to being a witcher 3 knock off than being something like AC2.

Ballistix Sport LT BLS4C8G4D26BFSE 32 GB Kit
    (8 GB x 4, 2666) reduced to £189 on Amazon. Seems cheap for 32GB considering its £170 for 16GB.

httpss://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XJ68NZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_t81XBbA2M101X

Edit: Back up to £300 after 15 minutes.

500GB Samsung Evo 860 with Assassin's Creed Odyssey reduced to £85 on eBuyer.

Also down to £77 on Amazon if you've no interest in the game.

https://www.ebuyer.com/824749-samsung-860-evo-500gb-ssd-mz-76e500b-eu?utm_source=hotukdeals&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hotukdeals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

500GB Samsung Evo 860 with Assassin's Creed Odyssey reduced to £85 on eBuyer.

Also down to £77 on Amazon if you've no interest in the game.

https://www.ebuyer.com/824749-samsung-860-evo-500gb-ssd-mz-76e500b-eu?utm_source=hotukdeals&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hotukdeals

Ebuyer won't deliver to ROI or parcel motel or addrespal

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

will56 wrote: »
    Ebuyer won't deliver to ROI or parcel motel or addrespal

CCL have the deal for £87.99 + £10 for delivery to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

They're both DDR4. But I'd get a Mobo with 4 RAM slots if I were you!

Yes, should work 100%.

The RAM will default to 2133MHz; you'll need to go into BIOS & turn on XMP to get the advertised speed.

The only thing I'm not seeing on-sale is the only thing I'd consider adding to my build - a 280mm AIO :(

*edit*
    I ended up buying a 1440p 144Hz screen cos I dislike money.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The only thing I'm not seeing on-sale is the only thing I'd consider adding to my build - a 280mm AIO :(

*edit*
    I ended up buying a 1440p 144Hz screen cos I dislike money.

I definitely don't need one of those but would you have a link ??:D:D

Anyone not seeing much in the way of bargains ?
    Or least bigger discounts that we've had all week ?

I was hoping for a £100 1tb SSD but it seems like its not to be ?

I definitely don't need one of those but would you have a link ??:D:D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108700458&postcount=1717

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

looking for lga socket 1150 cpu haven't seen any deals in recent years from amazon on these as they hold firm price of 300+ pound, preferably i5 i7 k series if anyones sees one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

scamalert wrote: »
    looking for lga socket 1150 cpu haven't seen any deals in recent years from amazon on these as they hold firm price of 300+ pound, preferably i5 i7 k series if anyones sees one.

They don't make them anymore, so price will hold firm. You should be looking at the second hand market.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

yeah true they are 5 yrs old but price wise they keep stable above 250 pound for decent one. thx for the link looks like good price if it was k series for 200e id jump at it.

Check Ebay man. There's a fair few 4790Ks on it.

(also folks, make Solitaire's life easier and don't be posting chatter in the other thread)

• Advertisement

They don't make them anymore, so price will hold firm. You should be looking at the second hand market.
    yes i know they are 5yrs old by now but performance wise still enough for most demanding tasks, hard part is getting one for decent price as on ebay they go for 200 pounds used which can be hit and miss.Thou that said any idea which is better choice when looking made in Vietnam or Malay ?

as good few auctions but many seem to end up to 200 pound+

I was given link to another bargain section was my mistake to discuss there, so cutting it out and will post here.

Anyone not seeing much in the way of bargains ?
    Or least bigger discounts that we've had all week ?

I was hoping for a £100 1tb SSD but it seems like its not to be ?

Monday! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cex sell the i7-4790 for €120 with two year warranty.

Be insane to buy a new one now considering the same money would buy you a Ryzen 2600 setup with DDR4.

Cex sell the i7-4790 for €120 with two year warranty.

Be insane to buy a new one now considering the same money would buy you a Ryzen 2600 setup with DDR4.

i know its big price but seeking now either 4790k or 4770k, as did look up comparisons and honestly i dont need 4k on ultra settings, which still these cpu's seem to smash in most games.

im bidding on ebay but even the 770k seems to fetch close to 200e.

Now reason i want k series is that my mobo is designed for OC, as currently runt g3560 anniversary edition dual core 3.2 OC on stock to 3.8 for the last year and it works as butter with ssd and win 10 and most applications, only reason to upgrade cpu gpu is just to get few new titles running and be done for another few years.

i know its big price but seeking now either 4790k or 4770k, as did look up comparisons and honestly i dont need 4k on ultra settings, which still these cpu's seem to smash in most games.

im bidding on ebay but even the 770k seems to fetch close to 200e.

Now reason i want k series is that my mobo is designed for OC, as currently runt g3560 anniversary edition dual core 3.2 OC on stock to 3.8 for the last year and it works as butter with ssd and win 10 and most applications, only reason to upgrade cpu gpu is just to get few new titles running and be done for another few years.

Iv'e a 4790k and haven't needed to overclock the beast!

Iv'e a 4790k and haven't needed to overclock the beast!

Seems many who own these even with years gone by have no issues running strong, i wouldn't fork money for new mobo ram etc, as have invested tons over the years and seems only things i need is just cpu and gpu and id be set for another few years, but some seem to look down as its some legacy cpu's, which isnt a case really aside from editing and high demand applications which are few and apart for those in that category gen 4 seems to be more then enough if not pushing past 4k and ultra settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Saw this on hukd, LENOVO L27i-28 Full HD 27" LED Monitor, also get a 10% back with AIB/Ulster bank/ptsb visa rewards, €143.99 + €5 post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

CYHSN wrote: »
    Saw this on hukd, LENOVO L27i-28 Full HD 27" LED Monitor, also get a 10% back with AIB/Ulster bank/ptsb visa rewards, €143.99 + €5 post

Looking for a Ryzen 3, is this one on CEX the same as the one on amazon?

Is it missing the Wraith Stealth Cooler?
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=scpuamd1200&categoryName=processors-amd&superCatName=computing&title=amd-ryzen-3-1200-%283.1ghz%29-am4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0741DN383/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A26T7BS9YHZ6DL&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It is the same well except one is new and other is second hand. I'd say more than likely it is missing the cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Also knowing CEXs legendary lack of quality control and the fact Ryzen is a pin-based CPU, I'd be wary.

Advertisement