Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Took a stab on that Palit RTX2080 for £570 for the laugh. Wonder if it'll be honored. Says shipping between January and March, pretty vague. I remember buying a 1080 before at way below RRP and they just kept pushing the delivery date out, and out, and out.....indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Took a stab on that Palit RTX2080 for £570 for the laugh. Wonder if it'll be honored. Says shipping between January and March, pretty vague. I remember buying a 1080 before at way below RRP and they just kept pushing the delivery date out, and out, and out.....indefinitely.

Can always leave the bad review :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It is very cheap isn't it? I posted it in hope that someone might get a good deal on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

Apparently there's a loud of graphics cards on sale here.
    https://www.mindfactory.de/Highlights/MindStar

Anyone got experience buying from them. A 2080 under 600 is as tempting as it gets..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nightman16 wrote: »

Anyone got experience buying from them. A 2080 under 600 is as tempting as it gets..

Pretty sure they are a reputable site.

If they don't post to Ireland, you could use https://www.mailboxde.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Think I might pull the trigger on the vega 56 for 309 euro plus delivery some good deals there not sure if they deliver straight here or not

Edit: looks like mailboxde.com will have to be used

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Got my entire pc components off them bar the case, they have to charge separate delivery for a case as its too big. They were spot for me anyway. Sites in German and any emails might be too. I had absolutely no issues with them, couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They stopped selling to countries outside Germany last year which is annoying as they are usually cheaper than UK stores. And another plus was they use the same currency as us.

Those are serious bargains but it's a pain to order from them now. Their customer service used to be really good too when they sold EU wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

I got family in Germany. I'd be happy to help if anyone's really interested in ordering from them and getting them delivered to their house.
    I can then get it shipped over to you in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I ordered a few bits for them over Christmas (Get them delivered to my home in Germany though).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TitianGerm wrote: »

No, because RTX 2060 is out today for less (£329 upwards) and outperforms it.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    No, because RTX 2060 is out today for less (£329 upwards) and outperforms it.

So they'll all be dropping in price over the next while then?

Did AMD announce any mid tier cards after?

So they'll all be dropping in price over the next while then?

Did AMD announce any mid tier cards after?

Probably won't drop, those 1070s would've been bought during the crypto boom so at higher wholesale prices.

AMD have not announced any mid-tier card to slot in between RX 590 & Vega 56, or to replace Vega 56 :(

Essentially RX 570 is now their low-end gaming card, RX 580 low-mid, RX 590 midrange, and Vega 56/64 as high-end (with Radeon VII as the halo card).

Probably won't drop, those 1070s would've been bought during the crypto boom so at higher wholesale prices.

AMD have not announced any mid-tier card to slot in between RX 590 & Vega 56, or to replace Vega 56 :(

Essentially RX 570 is now their low-end gaming card, RX 580 low-mid, RX 590 midrange, and Vega 56/64 as high-end (with Radeon VII as the halo card).

Hmmm tempted to buy the 2060 from Nivida seeing as it's in stock now.

Have money burning a hole in my pocket I got for Christmas and have the 1060 since September but I can sell that and have a nice upgrade.

Hmmm tempted to buy the 2060 from Nivida seeing as it's in stock now.

Have money burning a hole in my pocket I got for Christmas and have the 1060 since September but I can sell that and have a nice upgrade.

Scan seem to be the only UK retailer who have cards for MSRP (£330); Nvidia shop doesn't seem to have updated with links for Founder's Editions yet.

Scan seem to be the only UK retailer who have cards for MSRP (£330); Nvidia shop doesn't seem to have updated with links for Founder's Editions yet.

I have one in my basket on the Nvidia site. You get a free copy of Battlefield or Anthem as well.

I have one in my basket on the Nvidia site. You get a free copy of Battlefield or Anthem as well.

Seems to an issue with Firefox for me.
    Will tell my mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

They stopped selling to countries outside Germany last year which is annoying as they are usually cheaper than UK stores. And another plus was they use the same currency as us.

I believe it was because they got in trouble over their VAT rates or something which is why they stopped. If you buy in Ireland theyre meant to charge 23% not the 19% German rate. Its stupid in a sense since you HAVE to buy PC components outside the state since ya cant get em here.

On a side note Im selling some hardware on adverts.ie if anyone needs some parts for their own PC (2 1080TIs and SLI EVGA, 1600w PSU, 16GB ram sticks and a big case).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

will56 wrote: »

Decent prices but be aware they use City Air Express as their Irish courier. They're pretty dire.

My package arrived intact - but I had to pick it up from out by the airport because they attempted delivery on the wrong day without a phone call or the like, and they didn't leave a redelivery slip/note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

L wrote: »
    Decent prices but be aware they use City Air Express as their Irish courier. They're pretty dire.

My package arrived intact - but I had to pick it up from out by the airport because they attempted delivery on the wrong day without a phone call or the like, and they didn't leave a redelivery slip/note.

Might go the parcel motel/wizard route so.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

will56 wrote: »
    Might go the parcel motel/wizard route so.

Good call. Not sure what their small parcel rate to Ireland is (mine would have been oversized) but might well be cheaper to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

L wrote: »
    Good call. Not sure what their small parcel rate to Ireland is (mine would have been oversized) but might well be cheaper to boot.

Seems to be much for muchness, delivery and VAT to ROI cancels out saving of going the UK route.

I'll post this here as well - MSI Ventura for £544 from Amazon.

GPU NV RTX 2080 Ventus 8G Fan https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HZJ9NYR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UUfsCbEACP0NZ

Edit: seems to be gone back up to £650+ now. I ordered one anyway so let's see if it's fulfilled.

Edit Edit: just got an email with an updated delivery date for 29th January so must be going ahead :)

Ditto. This'll be the 3rd time I've done that on Amazon in recent weeks, so don't really think it'll amount to anything other than cancellation, but worth a go all the same.

Ditto. This'll be the 3rd time I've done that on Amazon in recent weeks, so don't really think it'll amount to anything other than cancellation, but worth a go all the same.

I've just got an email with an updated delivery date. Was originally 12th Feb but 31st Jan to 5th now so maybe it was a genuine reduction.

Now I need to buy a new PSU as I don't think my 550 will cut it :pac:

You'll be grand on 550W as long as it's decent.
    It'll just be louder since the PSU will be pulling over 50%

• Advertisement

You'll be grand on 550W as long as it's decent.
    It'll just be louder since the PSU will be pulling over 50%

It's an EVGA 550 gold. Got it in a bundle with my 1060 in September :pac:

Advertisement