Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

circus

Options
  • 26-02-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

hi was just wonderin how this visting circus in limrick at the moment can get away with posting up all there posters everywhere and anywhere. i was driving about town the other night and i see one of the circus lads and he was sticking big posters to a window and i told him he should not be doing that so he just started shouting at me and abused me to a hight.how can and does these people get away with this. the grate european circus is what on some posters and then they have other one up saying the russian circus now every one knows that is not a european country and then they call the circus a european. they must think we are all fools.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Is it really that big of a deal? Who cares!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

hi was just wonderin how this visting circus in limrick at the moment can get away with posting up all there posters everywhere and anywhere. i was driving about town the other night and i see one of the circus lads and he was sticking big posters to a window and i told him he should not be doing that so he just started shouting at me and abused me to a hight.how can and does these people get away with this. the grate european circus is what on some posters and then they have other one up saying the russian circus now every one knows that is not a european country and then they call the circus a european. they must think we are all fools.
    wow..............................

just for the record Russia stretches over 40% of Europe so yea i would say its Partly European. it is considered Eurasia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

i for one is in agreement with martinflynn, the rubbish they create for a start, plus it is helping to make the place more trashier looking, why not create spots where they can be erected for a fee, plus a nice nasty fine when they are erected in an unotherised site, the people of the city have to pay for the clean up, why should john citizen have to pay for these peoples advertising, the sooner we realise the old adage there is no such thing as a free lunch the better, we have enough trouble paying for clearing our own rubbish without paying for other peoples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spume

flutered wrote: »
    i for one is in agreement with martinflynn, the rubbish they create for a start, plus it is helping to make the place more trashier looking, why not create spots where they can be erected for a fee, plus a nice nasty fine when they are erected in an unotherised site, the people of the city have to pay for the clean up, why should john citizen have to pay for these peoples advertising, the sooner we realise the old adage there is no such thing as a free lunch the better, we have enough trouble paying for clearing our own rubbish without paying for other peoples.

I for one is wondering who otherises these sites? Limerick County Kounsil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 martinflynn

NO THEY DONT

• Advertisement

AND UR DEAD RITE FLURTED ITS A TOTAL DISCRACE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Hello. I am being kept in one of the circus cages against my will. Them nasty russian forenners say they are going to feed me to the lions as the highlight of the show. Can someone help me please and rescue me? It would break my poor mothers heart if her ne'er-do-well son ended up as a lions dinner. WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Won't someone think of the dictionary? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My god, I'm going to right a strongly worded lettur to Joe Duffy( who by the way is NOT affiliated with Duffys'ss circus) about this right now, he'll no what to do!

i admit the circus guy is creating something similar to my spelling rubbish, also should not children be in bed at this hour:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I understand the fine for illegal posters is €150 per poster.
    They could be fined by the council and if/when they abcond they could be made pay the fine next time they are in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

english please

they should be fined if anyone local done this there would be up roar over it

to the posters who seem to have qualifications in english lit, would you not be better off trying to reach the level the likes of mc court, o brien, et al or perhaps outdoing their achivements, rather than dwelling on the spelling of those of us who do not have the privelage of your education, or make spelling mistakes because of medical reasons, the subject of this thread, not the spelling mistakes of others should be the subject discussed, spelling mistakes grammer etc can be discussed in a seperate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

DO YOU KNOW - our taxes pay for all of the circus going around the country.
    They are tax exempt because of artist tax and get part of a grant from the department of arts & tourists.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dh0661 wrote: »
    DO YOU KNOW - our taxes pay for all of the circus going around the country.
    They are tax exempt because of artist tax and get part of a grant from the department of arts & tourists.

What's your point? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Call out to them and have a chat with them about it Martin, the manager is a really nice guy to deal with, and I'm sure he'll love your feedback.

here's the guy you're looking for
    evil-clown-costume.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spume

to the posters who seem to have qualifications in english lit, would you not be better off trying to reach the level the likes of mc court, o brien, et al or perhaps outdoing their achivements, rather than dwelling on the spelling of those of us who do not have the privelage of your education, or make spelling mistakes because of medical reasons, the subject of this thread, not the spelling mistakes of others should be the subject discussed, spelling mistakes grammer etc can be discussed in a seperate thread.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Look mate I'm not having a go but could you please break your posts up into smaller sentences? Couldn't keep track of that lark at all:confused::confused:

Just because this is an internet forum some people think they can throw up absolute slop (not saying that post was slop flutered but it was offensively illegible)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I thought for a min when people started chatting about
    Posters on Lamp posts and clowns that we were in the middle
    of another election. :D

~B

ZING!!

• Advertisement

McCourt? if you're gonna be a writer at least aim high, like Dan Brown or Cecelia Ahern or someone of that caliber :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

dh0661 wrote: »
    DO YOU KNOW - our taxes pay for all of the circus going around the country. They are tax exempt because of artist tax and get part of a grant from the department of arts & tourists.

No they don't pay for all the circuses, they may be tax exempt or even get grantrs but they certainkly dont pay all the overheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

Why not use spelll cheque:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Off thread I know but this thing where if someone spells something wrong on a internet forum he gets jumped on ( and it happens in all forums not only here ) is terrible.

If a person spells something wrong big deal you know what the word was meant to be this is not school it is meant to be a place of fun

and regards the circus I dont mind the posters been up what I do mind though is they are a rob went there the weekend myself, the GF and 2 kids cost us 50e to get in then had to pay 3e each for a candy floss another couple euros for face painting and pictures spent the bones of 100e there , thats a bit much they should give discounts for a family ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iden

nobody seems to no anything about circus on this thread,their not russian,they are irish,they just make up a new name every couple of years.ye have little to do giving out about the circus,its only once a feckin year and the kids love it,its part of growing up.if ye had to pay to go to mass nobody would go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Circus? If you want to see Wild Animals, thrills, death defiance and acrobatic stunts just go eat a Smokey Bacon Burgaaar outside Supermacs any Saturday Night.

- Limerick, where fast food may actually kill you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iden

if the fast food doesnt kill ya,the people of limerick will :D

mark1974 wrote: »
    Why not use spelll cheque:rolleyes:

spell check even?

pedantry, keeping the internet afloat since 1995

that was the joke krud!

• Advertisement

So was mine, damn lack of tone of voice on t'interwebs!

Advertisement