Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get PC parts?

Options
  • 26-02-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi
    hubbie is after some heat sink paste and a few other bits. Where in Kilkenny could he get some?

I'll be picking it up for him as I have to come into Kilkenny for a few things myself so directions would be helpfull.

Cheers

Fran

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Try AZ computers up in the Hebron industrial estate near Willie Duggan Lighting or Quinn computers on James St. beside Marble City Travel.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

What kind of parts are you after?
    To be honest if you buy any parts of a High St shop you will get seriously ripped off.
    Check out e-tailors like Komplett, Overclockers, Dabs, Elara for general parts. Check out MemoryC for memory and hard drives and fast delivery.
    If you are buying a load of parts have a look at Hardwareversand.de if you don't mind paying by bank transfer, very cheap components.

Personally I recommend Komplett for convenience and while it isn't the cheapest e-tailor it's still far cheaper than High St. shops.
    It also has a very convenient pick-up point where you can collect your gear.

That being said, if you are just looking for some thermal compound give me a shout as you could borrow some. I also have some spare sticks of RAM, heatsinks and maybe a P4 Chip if you are really stuck.

Advertisement