Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITS BAAAAACK!!!

• 26-02-2010 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

yes folks its back in town and was on the outer ring road between cork road and six cross roads if ya have,nt guessed by now i,m on about its every drivers worst nightmare! the gatso van!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Really? When? I drove past their an hour ago and never noticed... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Sully wrote: »
    twas there about half three but no doubt its around for a bit!! it seems to haunt waterford for some mad reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

yes folks its back in town and was on the outer ring road between cork road and six cross roads if ya have,nt guessed by now i,m on about its every drivers worst nightmare! the gatso van!!!!

NNNNOOOOOOOO..........:(.

Bloody thing is always in Wexford too. Only saving grace is that it's easy enough to spot when you know it's around.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Gatso van ???

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

burkey85 wrote: »
    Gatso van ???

I'm confused too....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Someone explain!

Only copped on after i posted.
    Garda van that parks up with the hidden speed camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Sully wrote: »

That will be 2 points so :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I spotted it down on Glenmore hill on Thursday, just near the top on the left hand side. Must be doing a route around the S/E at the moment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

feckin thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

Coming in by the train station on Thursday night about 10:30 there was an unmarked traffic car sitting in the station facing the bridge. I imagine they were checking cars coming over the bridge too fast. I went past them and headed up towards Ferrybank and the Gatso was sitting in the Ardree entrance.

Talk about "to be sure to be sure!"

Thankfully I was only doing 50kmph - otherwise, I wonder would that be 4 points??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stephenc1979

Any pics of the van or colour, i remember there being a blue one some time ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

Any pics of the van or colour, i remember there being a blue one some time ago...

White!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

What is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

burkey85 wrote: »
    Gatso van ???
    I'm confused too....:(

It is the van that those who break the speed limit are afraid of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

efla its a speed trap van the gardai around here bring out at the end of every month when they have their quotas to fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

longshanks wrote: »
    efla its a speed trap van the gardai around here bring out at the end of every month when they have their quotas to fill.

Cheers, better watch out this weekend....

Its a white Transit van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

woodlands after 10pm
    afaih the ops stay in there stuffing their faces with fat turkey lunches while the van is left out on the road for the night ....

bad for taxis im sure a few got flashed...

Advertisement