Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a sampler

Options
  • 26-02-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Posted this in the main forum, but then realised I'd probably get more information here.

I don't know anything about samplers, but what I'm looking for is something with some kind of internal memory, which I can load short samples onto, and then play. With a decent amount of nice big buttons, and if possible some built in effects, like delays or reverbs. It would be going into a channel onto a mixer, so an RCA output is also needed.

Does this kind of kit exist, and if it does, does it exist for under €200? The cheaper the better really, as I'll only be using it for kind of controllerism sample juggling to compliment a set.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Finding a Sampler for less than 200 would be pretty difficult no?

This is the closest I could find but I'm not sure if it's exactly what you were looking for.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/digitech_jamman_looper.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The best sampler you can get is your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Anima wrote: »
    The best sampler you can get is your PC.

What PC? I have a Macbook. The whole point is that I don't want do use software to do the sampling, I want an analog sampler separate from my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭oootini

What PC? I have a Macbook. The whole point is that I don't want do use software to do the sampling, I want an analog sampler separate from my laptop.

look for an old sp-202? very basic, but it has a nice gritty sound all of it's own...

oootini wrote: »
    look for an old sp-202? very basic, but it has a nice gritty sound all of it's own...

Was just looking at the 404sx actually, apparently it's impossible to get memory cards for the 202, but the 404sx uses SD cards. Looks about perfect for what I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I use this one:

http://www.redsound.com/products/SoundBITEPRO

More so used for djing rather than production but it is pretty handy and you can load extra samples on via the laptop. Only problem is the lack of expandable memory.

Bought in on their eBay page from the 'B' grade stock but I haven't found any issues

Jev/N wrote: »
    I use this one:

http://www.redsound.com/products/SoundBITEPRO

More so used for djing rather than production but it is pretty handy and you can load extra samples on via the laptop. Only problem is the lack of expandable memory.

Bought in on their eBay page from the 'B' grade stock but I haven't found any issues

That's looks good alright, but there's not much difference in price between the Roland and that, and the Roland definitely has more features. If it was cheaper it'd be perfect though.

Advertisement