Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAMA figures?

• 26-02-2010 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm doing a project on NAMA and I was just wondering if anybody had an idea of the following figures?

1.The value of the Loans being transfered to NAMA
    2.How much NAMA is paying for those loans?? like the discount rate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Don't forget the document is old so whilst the value of the loans was 77m but now only worth around 49m But the government premium of 7m will be added. So a total cost of 56m was envisaged.

In theory but recently it looks like the loans may be further discounted (lost even more value than 30%, 35% maybe) and that the actual loans transferred from the various institutions may have changed in composition (many feel BOI/AIB will need to transfer less loans than previously whilst many of the smaller banks will need to transfer more than originally envisaged).

Make sure you get a copy of the EU verdict on NAMA along with the government press release concerning same - will make for an interesting comparison aspect of your project I reckon.

Advertisement