Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head shops

• 26-02-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

why is our fearless leader trying to get them closed? there are none next to or near CIT and if there were what would it be to him?

the way i see it he is either a tactical genius by sucking up to Fianna Fail or stepping way outside his bounds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Ummm it does affect the general population and I'm sure there are probably plenty of students misusing substances from these headshops so I'm not seeing it as a bad thing. I work within a drugs project and I am seeing first hand the effects of these so called legal harmless drugs and a lot are the same as the illegal ones. It would be no harm for them to be shut for good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Whatever. If I hear one more thing about "blow" in the next week I'm going to kill someone.

Keep them open, illegal drugs are cheaper and easier to get now because of them...HUZZAH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

YourSQL wrote: »
    why is our fearless leader trying to get them closed? there are none next to or near CIT and if there were what would it be to him?

the way i see it he is either a tactical genius by sucking up to Fianna Fail or stepping way outside his bounds

As President of the SU he is elected and paid to represent the views of the student body both within CIT and on national issues. Ask your class rep or contact him directly to find out info about this campaign. It's no different than promoting campaigns such as safe driving, responsible drinking etc that unions all over the country work on.

If you disagree with this stance make it known directly to him or through your class rep.

In regards to sucking up to Fianna Fail, I'd very much doubt that since he was elected last year and topped the poll for Labour in Bandon Town Council, which makes him the current sitting town Mayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

my opinion is that it is a GOVERNMENT LED REVOLT FUELLED BY VINTNERS LOBBYISTS AS THE CHEAP HEAD STUFF IS Affecting their trade greatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

kittymiss wrote: »
    my opinion is that it is a GOVERNMENT LED REVOLT FUELLED BY VINTNERS LOBBYISTS AS THE CHEAP HEAD STUFF IS Affecting their trade greatly

Hardly. Most of the lobbying to politicians seem to be coming from concerned family members, Gardai and trained medical personnel who work in this area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement