Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Practical, Sight Reading

Options
  • 26-02-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

If I sing my six pieces for the practical exam, can I do my sight reading on the guitar? Or do I have to do the clapping back? I'm too scared to ask my teacher at this stage... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You can do the sight reading element on any instrument you like at all, regardless of what you do for your other performance. AFAIK there's sight reading for voice also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

lads, do we get to pick between the sight reading and the timing (clapping) thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Smuckie

Yeah you can pick whichever you want! Did my practical today, went a bit arseways but sure..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

WTF?! I thought they didn't start till april?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Smuckie

Was a mock!! Sorry if that was a bit unclear :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

For the real you have a lot of choices: Sight Reading, Sight Singing, Clap back and Im almost sure theres another one.

Advertisement