Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOKIA SO CALLED HELPLINE

• 26-02-2010 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

I got a new n97 mini for xmas and havent really used it yet but anyway i wanted to use my 3 sim card in it for downloading stuff as opposed to using vodafone.

Anyway i got the nac of vodafone who got it from nokia. I tried it a few times and it wouldnt work so after visiting various forums i thought i was doing something wrong.

I rang the nokia careline and was waiting, i got through and told my story and the yank gave out to me and told me that he wouldnt give me any code. I told him i didnt want one and explained again, i got thick and hung up. I rang again and got through to another yank and he kept repeating the same thing that he wouldnt give out codes and ended up ating me for ringing them lookin for codes.

Thats the last time ill ever buy a nokia or ring them. What a shower of assholes. Did anyone else ever ring them and get this crap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Do a software restore. That should reset the amount of times you can enter the code.

I don't mean a factory reset. I mean, reinstalling the firmware through Nokia Software Update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Oh right but i want to unlock the phone. Anyone know how many digits should be in the n97 nac.

I got 15 in mine i think but some forums say its a eight digit code:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

malcox wrote: »
    Oh right but i want to unlock the phone. Anyone know how many digits should be in the n97 nac.

I got 15 in mine i think but some forums say its a eight digit code:confused:

NAC are normally 8 digits for nokias yes. Is the 15 digit number you got your imei number?

Vodafone will have to unlock it for you, so bring it in to them and they will get it unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

actually i think you right, maybe i was thinking of a PUK or something. A bit to hungover today to function correctly.

OP will you do me a favour and check the handset isnt already unlocked? You check this by putting in another networks sim

• Advertisement

No davy its definitley not unlocked its just so weird. I was completley blown away by the attitude of nokia. I have read many a thread such as the 3 thread and people givin out about customer care but they are so helpful compared to nokia.

What error did it give you when you entered the code?
    Have you tried entering another network sim, or just saying it not unlocked because you got an error when entering the code? Because if it had come unlocked, you would get a error when trying to unlock and already unlocked code.

Davy wrote: »
    What error did it give you when you entered the code?
    Have you tried entering another network sim, or just saying it not unlocked because you got an error when entering the code? Because if it had come unlocked, you would get a error when trying to unlock and already unlocked code.

It says code error. When i put in say a 085 card it says sim card not valid

I tried the unlock proceadure as above with the 085 card and it says not allowed

IT says not allowed with no sim card also

Anyone have any ideas

• Advertisement

Oh rite where do i send it how much do they charge for that.

Think they go to the office in dundalk?

Thanks lads. Ill enquire about that, btw davy im seriously considering stealing your shamrock!!!!;)

Advertisement