Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Doubles

Options
  • 26-02-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭

Righto,I've €20 left in the account and I've been mostly doing doubles over the last few weeks so gonna just try it on a blog(after I gave up the last one!).So hopefully I stick with it.No system only thing is if I'm placing 2 or more seperate doubles,which I often tend to do,Ill make sure they're over evens so if one loses then the winner covers it.I also nearly always choose home teams and any leagues.No staking plan either.All feedback welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

First off...

Bradford @ 4/7
    Bradford v Darlington
    Match Betting
    Swansea @ 4/9
    Swansea v Peterborough
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 11.35

Going for Bradford,new manager,an away win against the league leaders last time out and a couple of decent new loan signing should be positive factors for the win against a side 9 points adrift at the bottom and with only 4 away points all season.

Swansea have the meanest defence in the Championship with 18 clean sheets and only 22 goals against.Peterborough havent won from home all season and have only scored 9 league goals away.Swansea unbeaten in 8 altogether and 5 at home.

Millwall @ 1/2
    Millwall v Hartlepool
    Match Betting
    Monchengladbach @ 8/11
    Monchengladbach v Freiburg
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 12.95

Millwall have gone on a decent run lately,since Stephens Day they have W7 D1 L1 in the league and held Championship side Derby to 2 1-1's.Theyre unbeaten at home in 9 winning 7 drawing 2.Hartlepool have played 4 of their last 5 at home gaining 4 points their away form is woeful though,losing their last 7.

Gladbach have pulled away form the drop zone with 8 points from their last 15.theyve won 2 out of 3 at home since the season break and are facing Freiburg who havent won a game in 9 and have lost their last 4 on their travels

Gladbach drew 1-1,so 1 win and 1 loss so far.

New balance €21.35

Double for tomorrow includes a very generous 4/5 on United imo.

Man United @ 4/5
    Aston Villa v Man United
    Match Betting
    Liverpool @ 4/11
    Liverpool v Blackburn
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 6.35
    Estimated return € 15.59

Balance €15
    In Play €6.35

Bayern Munich @ 4/9
    Bayern Munich v Hamburg
    Match Betting
    Lille @ 6/10
    Lille v Auxerre
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 11.56

I was looking at Overs in both these games but decided against it.Lille are awesome at home and even though Auxerre arent far off them in the league I think Lille are the better side.Bayern are a bit short against a good Hamburg team but they have the players and the the want to move back to the top of the table and they'll wanna capitalise on Leverkusen's slip-up today.

Bank €10
    In Play €11.35

United Liverpool double came in,Lille let me down in the other so still a 50% strike rate.

The balance was up to €25.35,gone for a double of Juventus tonight and Metz tomorrow.I'll fix up the thread in a bit

Bank €20
    In Play €5.35

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Good luck with it,

Juventus lost so the Metz game doest matter,had alook towads tomorrows to try and get better earlier prices

Bristol Rovers @ 4/7
    Bristol Rovers v Stockport
    Match Betting
    Notts County @ 2/5
    Notts County v Macclesfield
    Match Betting

Bristol and Stockport have similar form recently W2 D1 L2 in their last 5 but Bristol have an outside chance of reaching the playoffs and they need to win games like this,they've won their last 2 at home(against promotion chasers Charlton and Colchester) while Stockport have only won one away from home in 10 and that was against fellow strugglers Exeter.Stckport are missing 2 regular defenders aswell.

Notts County got over their 3 game mini slump in tyle with a 5-0 win on the weekend and its that home form that has them in 7th,only 2 losses at home from 15.Macclesfield havent won in 9 games andthey have only 2 away league wins all season,both against teams in the bottom 3.

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 11.00

In Play €5
    Bank €15

6)Not a double but I've gone for Brazil-1

Brazil @ 11/8 -1
    Republic of Ireland v Brazil
    Match Handicap +1
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 11.88

Bank €10
    In Play €10

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well done Gillington, it's going well so far, keep it up. :)

x PyRo wrote: »
    Well done Gillington, it's going well so far, keep it up. :)

Cheers dude.

2 Bets came in tonight

6 Bets so far looks like WLWLWW

with a bank of €32.88.Not too sure about tomorrow's International's I'll have a look in morning.

• Advertisement

7)

I know International friendlies can be a minefield but picked a double none the less

Portugal @ 40/85 -1
    Portugal v China
    Match Handicap -1
    Holland @ 1/2
    Holland v U.S.A.
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.88
    Estimated return € 12.97

Portugal had to qualify for the World Cup the hard way through the playoff's which hasn't eased the fans worries.Should be a few fringe players involved but they should have the quality for a couple of goals.

Both teams have qualified for the WC so this could be a bit strategic or boring but after two 0-0's in their last friendlies the Dutch will want to get themselves sorted up front.Hopefully Sneijder,Huntelaar,Robben etc can bang a couple in.Fair enough US beat Spain in the Confederations but they have lost their last 2 friendlies against weaker European opposition then Holland

Bank €27
    In Play €5.88

8.)

I'll start numbering them to keep track!

Jermain Defoe @ 11/10
    England v Egypt
    Anytime Goalscorer
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 10.50

Bank €22
    In Play €10.88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Went for the 7 myself, cheers mate!

HoPpiE wrote: »
    Went for the 7 myself, cheers mate!

Good stuff! Even if it did take a 90th min goal!

Sequence now is WLWLWWWL and balance is €34.97.Nowt on tomorrow so,I'll get looking on the weekend's games.

9.)

Bohemians 4/9
    Bohemians v Sporting Fingal
    Match Betting
    Dundalk 10/11
    Bray Wanderers v Dundalk
    Match Betting

Total Stake €4.97
    Estimated Returns €13.71

Bank €30
    In Play €4.97

West Ham @ 4/5
    West Ham v Bolton
    Match Betting
    Yes @ 8/11
    Q.P.R. v West Brom
    Both Teams To Score - Yes/No
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 15.55

Two good bets on their own in my opinion.West Ham have quietly gone about their business since new owners came in and are pushing away from the drop zone thanks to their home league form.Since losing 4-0 to United they have gone 5 unbeaten at home(W3 D2)and conceded only 1 and that was to Chelsea.4 home clean sheets in a row.Bolton too have their home form to thank for not being in the bottom 3 but their away form is horrible at the minute.Including a 4-0 FA Cup loss to Spurs they havent scored an away goal in 5 games(fair enough hard teams,City,Liverpool,Wigan,Blackburn and Spurs FA).Still no away win since October.

I'm hoping new manager syndrome kicks in for QPR(although I'm not Colin's:D biggest fan).They find themselves at the wrong end of the table,i'm sure most football fans wouldnt have seen that given all the money they have.1 win in 11 games makes for sorry reading but at home they have scored in every game bar one in all comps this season.They still have good attacking players,Simpson,Buszaky,Taarabt so i'll take a goal from any of them!
    West Brom may have been slightly side-tracked with the FA Cup but thats gone now so they'll concentrate on catching Newcastle.They've scored the most away goals in the league with 32.Theyve scored in their last 17 games in all comps and on their travels have scored in their last 12.

New Bank €25
    In Play €9.97

I'm heading away next weekend so expect a few more bets this weekend to try help pay for it!

Second bet for tonight

Go Ahead Eagles @ 4/7
    Go Ahead Eagles v Dordrecht 90
    Match Betting
    Fortuna Dusseldorf @ EVS
    Fortuna Dusseldorf v Greuther Furth
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 15.71

Dordrecht seem to be just a mid-table side,no hopes for promotion but safe enough from relegation and they have only 1 point from the last available 18.Go Ahead have let slip in the last few weeks with 3 draws against teams they should be beating.They have won 6 out of their last 8 home games with F20 A9 so I reckon this could be an exciting home win.

Furth aren't a bad side and sit in 8th but Dusseldorf's home form is awesome,W10 D2 L0.They've won their last 8 at home and they've only conceded 5 at home all season.

Bank €20
    In Play €14.97

WLWLWWWLW?L I'll stick to bets placed rather then when they happen hence the ?

Was considering the double chance on Dusseldorf but I don't usually do them so I wasnt gonna start now,even though neither sides came through in that double,more disappointed in the Go Ahead result.

Anyways them's the blows and and at least I'd one winner tonight which sorta points out the reasoning for my thinking,1 double came in,1 didnt but I made a couple of Euro.In fairness this mightnt seem alot to punters but to online punters it can mean alot if you get me.I usually stick to €5 doubles so if a few come in then I'll go to €6/€7 etc .I'm in it for the long-term(although I do like the excitement of a €1 900/1 accumalator as much as the next fella!) and Ill happily as take out €20 a week then €100 every 5 weeks but I suppose each to their own.

Right back to business,I'll edit this post tomorrow but for now

Bank €33.71
    In Play €5

12.)

Just under EVS this one

Hamburg @ 4/9
    Hamburg v Hertha Berlin
    Match Betting
    Norwich @ 4/11
    Norwich v Yeovil Town
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 8.71
    Estimated return € 17.16

Bank €25
    In Play €13.71

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Had a few decent doubles in the last few weeks, mine for today Middlesboro against an injury ravaged Cardiff 11/5 and Shamrock Rovers in Sligo tonight 11/10

• Advertisement

Had a few decent doubles in the last few weeks, mine for today Middlesboro against an injury ravaged Cardiff 11/5 and Shamrock Rovers in Sligo tonight 11/10

Didnt know Cardiff were hit that bad,they still have Chopra though he loves that division!

Rochdale @ 4/11
    Rochdale v Lincoln
    Match Betting
    Afc Wimbledon @ 8/13
    Afc Wimbledon v Altrincham
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 11.01

Not a good day,1/3 winner and it was the Norwich one which was just under EVS but I did have most on it.West Ham surprised me with that loss

WLWLWWWLWLLWL

Borussia Dortmund @ 4/6
    Borussia Dortmund v Monchengladbach
    Match Betting
    AZ Alkmaar @ 4/11
    AZ Alkmaar v Heerenveen
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 11.36

Bit of a Derby in the german one,I usually like backing over 2.5 in derbies but Ill stick to home win,Dortmund beat Gladbach away from home earlier in season.Theyre in a bit of a bad run 1 win in 5 but they are scoring and at home they've won 6 from their last 8.I liked the look of Zidan the other night for Egypt.

Backed Crouch AGS €5 @ 2/1(Bet 15) didnt come in but the other double did

WLWLWWWLWLLWLWL

16.)

Palermo @ 4/9
    Palermo v Livorno
    Match Betting
    Mallorca @ 8/11
    Mallorca v Sporting Gijon
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 8.52
    Estimated return € 21.26

Will try get reasoning and maybe another bet up tomorrow,stag weekend is next so need a few more winners!

Bank €30
    In Play €8.52

Palermo and Mallorca double came in but lost cash after that and wasnt around to put it up here,bank is at €40 I'll fix this up later on today

So,after that double came in my next 2 bets were doubles on Inter & Bordeaux then Everton & Malaga which were both losers.So sequence is WLWLWWWLWLLWLWLWLL which is still 50%.

Anyways withdrew €30 so left with €10

Bet 19.)

Under 2.5 @ 4/6

Wigan v Liverpool
    Total Match Goals (Under/Over 2.5)
    Valencia @ 8/15
    Valencia v Racing Santander
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 12.78

Bank €5
    In Play €5

Bet 19 is a loser,thanks Valencia.Last 5er after withdrawing cash so lets hope Bet 20.) brings some luck!

Arsenal @ 4/7
    Arsenal v Porto
    Match Betting
    Q.P.R. @ 4/6
    Q.P.R. v Plymouth
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 13.10

Bet 20 was a winner,going for goals tonight

Over 2.5 @ 5/6
    Man United v AC Milan
    Over 2.5 @ 10/11
    Reading v Derby
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 17.50

Bank €8.10
    In Play €5

Goals galore made bet 21 a winner,heading away for the weekend so gonna do a few bets now but I'll start with Europa League tonight

Panathinaikos @ 8/13

Panathinaikos v Standard Liege
    Match Betting
    Over 2.5 @ EVS
    Benfica v Marseille
    Total stake € 5.60
    Estimated return € 18.09

Bank €20
    In Play €5.60

Bet 22

Diego Forlan @ 11/10
    Atletico Madrid v Sporting Lisbon
    Anytime Goalscorer
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 10.50

Bank €15
    In Play €10.60

WLWLWWWLWLLWLWLWLLLWW??

Well boo-urns to the Europa League! Two losing bets which leaves me with €15 gonna do 3 doubles for the weekend now and hope for a bit more luck!

Bets 23-25

Bohemians @ 4/9

Bohemians v Glentoran
    Match Betting
    Coventry @ 4/6
    Coventry v Plymouth
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 12.04

Tottenham @ 4/9
    Tottenham v Blackburn
    Match Betting
    Morecambe @ 8/11
    Morecambe v Grimsby
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 12.47

Ipswich @ 4/6
    Ipswich v Scunthorpe
    Match Betting
    Galway Utd @ 3/4
    Galway Utd v Bray Wanderers
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 14.58

WLWLWWWLWLLWLWLWLLLWWLL???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Good thread - best of luck with it, enjoy the Stag weekend, especially if it's your own !!:)

Advertisement