Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada?

Options
  • 26-02-2010 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at my options for emmigrating to Canada. I have enough points to apply for the skills visa, but I'm quite confused as to where I should start the process. Can anybody who has done the move from Ireland to Canada advise me on where I should begin hunting for a job, flat etc? What is the lifestyle like over there? I'm considering a move to the British Columbia/Vancouver region.

Any advice is much appreciated lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GilmoreGirl75

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but just wondered if you ever made it to Canada?
    It is something I am seriously considering for myself and my son and would be grateful of any tips.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28 treefiddy

does anyone know how i go about bringing money to canada and bank accounts and all that craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

treefiddy wrote: »
    does anyone know how i go about bringing money to canada and bank accounts and all that craic

Canadian banks often showcase here at international job events. You can arrange for an account to be set up there, before you leave. Even if you wait until you get there, simply transfer from Ire to Ca - some do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

We live just south of Vancouver in Seattle and I would give Vancouver a Big recommendation.

I havent lived there but been there many many times and its a beautiful, clean, safe city. People seem generally happy. And the weather is nicer than anywhere else in Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

InTheTrees wrote: »
    We live just south of Vancouver in Seattle and I would give Vancouver a Big recommendation.

I havent lived there but been there many many times and its a beautiful, clean, safe city. People seem generally happy. And the weather is nicer than anywhere else in Canada.

I totally agree, that's exactly what draws me to Van. The only thing is I'm not sure if it has as many jobs as Toronto, especially for new grads with little experience. But yes, Van would be my dream.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

(I didnt realize this thread was so old!)

For some general ideas about the costs of living in a city; craigslist has really taken over as the cource for classified ads in north america. You can get an idea of jobs, rents etc;

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vankano

http://www.movingtocanada.com

should cover most questions.

Advertisement