Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Server not found

• 26-02-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Iolar wrote: »
    hey,i keep getting these messages when i try to load up a web page from time to time,i have done dns flush but it still occurs sometimes,i have xp sp3 and use mozilla 3.6 any help would be appreciated :)

Is it the same website all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

A while back while after being on line for a while, I used to get that message a lot, 'server not found' got my isp on the job and everything tested fine.

Something no one every mentioned to me to do was.....REBOOT......
    Even my isp didn't kop that. I used to be down for 2 or 3 hrs waiting for it to come back....and now.....never have a problem..... can be on for ages now and seldom if ever have to reboot.

Worth a try if you haven't allready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Iolar wrote: »
    no different ones

This can happen f there are problems with either you dns settings, the dns server you are using and more rarely a bad internet connection.
    You could try changing your dns settings, if they are automatic check on your isp's web page for the server addresses and input them manually. And see if that sorts it, if not you change your dns server to something like opendns.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Are you using AVG antivirus? The AVG link scanner plugin for Firefox seems to be having issues at the moment. I disabled the plugin on one of the machines here this morning and speed returned to normal. Firefox already uses antiphish and antimalware lists provided by Google so the AVG plugin is of questionable benefit.

Have you tried any other browsers?

Advertisement