Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surface Mounted Fuse blown

• 27-02-2010 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've got an Epson P2000 multimedia viewer / card reader & backup device with a blown Surface Mounted Fuse.

I know it's the fuse as I've bypassed it and the device works.

My problem is this... Where in Gods name can I lay my hands on a replacement fuse in Galway? I need the P2000 for a trip in a week's time and I want to get the fuse swapped out like for like if possible, otherwise I'll just bridge the fuse.

Radionics, Farnell & Donberg do not have the exact fuse in stock, I'm thinking one of the phone repair shops might have one although this fuse is probably too big physically to fit in a mobile phone.

Anyway, the fuse is marked as follows: "SDC 72V T 2.5A" and it's about 2 x 3mm in size.

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these fuses in the next few days?

Thanks in advance,

Frank.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't suppose you still have any warranty left on that thing? Its rare for SMD fuses to blow except as a symptom that something else is starting to fail on the PCB... and usually something delicate, if there's a fuse there in the first place!

I'd just look for any 72V 2.5A SMD fuse you can find that match the pad dimension - Farnell is probably best for this - but don't be surprised if the replacement gets blown eventually by whatever nuked its predecessor. You could also just keep the contact bridged in the short-term if its truly vital but you're risking whatever the fuse was protecting; possibly the media and its data itself :o

Advertisement