Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks button for tcn

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

joes girls wrote: »
    No you must be wrong 666, sure thats part of the TCN.
    Since it is a sub-forum it has a thanks button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

and lots of winks:D (now I do feel deprived:(:p);););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Deki wrote: »
    Ok. Sarky, I'll just start winking - since you already said no roll-eyes.(you won't like that either.)
    and lots of winks:D (now I do feel deprived:(:p);););)

Am I reading this right - certain smilies are not allowed to be used in TCN because a mod doesn't like them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Saibh wrote: »
    Am I reading this right - certain smilies are not allowed to be used in TCN because a mod doesn't like them?
    You can use them, then he bans you.

In all fairness he's never banned me- just threatened to :p

• Advertisement

Also he gave them their very own thread.

Also he gave them their very own thread.
    Yes he did and I'm going to have to go and dig it out - soon.

Back on topic. While a thanks button in TCN would be nice, people would no doubt constantly abuse it.

That might happen, it has in other forums, but they still have thanks buttons.

Deki, has a point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I say bring in thanks for the Nest but disable thanks for everyone who want it :D

Well, sure not getting my hopes up...:pac:

By that logic, Sarky would be the only one with a thanks button in there

And it would be kept "new and shiney in it's original wrapper" a true one of a kind collector's item. :D

yeah, we can put it next to The Holy Grail

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

That might happen, it has in other forums, but they still have thanks buttons.

I look forward to a post of the day being from the count to a million thread.:pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I say bring in thanx for TCN, but bans for those who are thanx whoring such as "Hey everyone, thank this post".........

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Fago_25 wrote: »
    I say bring in thanx for TCN, but bans for those who are thanx whoring such as "Hey everyone, thank this post".........

I think anyone who is thanked should be banned for a day. That'll keep things interesting:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

Thanks button won't happen. How about post count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What?
    Have you been sniffing yeast again?
    The post count in the nest is never,never,never,never,never,never,never,never, to be turned on, have you any idea the cost in bribes for me to get my post count reset if that was to happen?

• Advertisement

Mine would also soar exponentially. What is the going rate on bribes anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd support turning on post count for a few days. People need to realise how much rubbish they post sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Couldn't care less about post count but the 'thanks' feature should be switched on.

It's just showing appreciated for a post, what harm can it do?

Saves me having to do this:

Thanks22.jpg

How about we hire the feature?

If tCn regulars can come up with say €500 €300 (for the SSF) then it gets switched on for one year.

I'll throw in the first €20 :)

Why not find a different way to show appreciation a post?

Sarky wrote: »
    Why not find a different way to show appreciation a post?

I thought I had but Tar slapped me.

Come on, what harm a 'thanks' button?

What other ways are there but replying and saying +1 and that just makes the thread annoying to read.

As someone pointed out, tCn has changed massively.

"Let's count threads.." and the like are all but gone/

Some great threads in there these days and having the 'thanks' feature would mean even better threads I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I've already +1 ed this.

I don't see how it could hurt turning it on for a while.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    What other ways are there but replying and saying +1 and that just makes the thread annoying to read.

Why do you want to +1 a post in the first place? It adds nothing, no matter what form it takes.

I don't believe having the feature will lead to better threads. It'll just lead to "post here to get thanks" threads, like it did with the reputation system before it. And then someone won't get thanked and they'll whine about it on Feedback, and that hasn't been any fun since the clamp down on lolcats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Complain about not getting thanks?

Don't think I've ever actually seen that.

Except for stupid threads some people make where they actually ask for peoples thanks, which usually results in them being told to fcuk off.

Sarky wrote: »
    Why do you want to +1 a post in the first place? It adds nothing, no matter what form it takes.

Of course it adds something.

You know its read / seen and agreed with.

It helps threads flow.

It adds to the atmosphere of a thread.

AH is an example of that.

Come on, join the revolution, you know you want to ;)

thanksbutton125.jpg

• Advertisement

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Complain about not getting thanks?

Don't think I've ever actually seen that.

Except for stupid threads some people make where they actually ask for peoples thanks, which usually results in them being told to fcuk off.

+1

Oh wait .. :p

Advertisement