Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks button for tcn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

All wrong, the user has actually been 'Sitebanned pending email discussion with Dav'. That is technically known around here as status of SPEDWD. He is spedwd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Gordon wrote: »
    All wrong, the user has actually been 'Sitebanned pending email discussion with Dav'. That is technically known around here as status of SPEDWD. He is spedwd.

Ah, that clears things up so .. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I'd just like to use this thread to voice my support for hitlersson666 to be freed.

I could make some sort of Gerry Conlon reference, but I probably shouldn't.

^O, wait, I just did.^

Oh, and we should push even harder for the thanks button, now that they have tried to silence him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

And I , in turn, would like to voice my support for the mods who banned him.

Bang up job, gentlemen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

phasers wrote: »

Bang up job, gentlemen.
    That would be Dav.

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »

He's not 'Banned', he's "sitebanned", there is a difference.

;)

No, wait - forgot, he's actually SPEDWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OutlawPete wrote: »
    He's not Banned, he's site banned, there is a difference.

;)

SPEDWD eh? I can't keep up with this fancy mod talk

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

He's not 'Banned', he's "sitebanned", there is a difference.

;)

How grown up of you to post just to get a dig in.

How grown up of you to post just to get a dig in.

I didn't post just to get a dig in, it was a joke.

I wasn't the one nitpicking that someone said a poster was banned instead of sitebanned.

Your "I was putting it out there for new users" reason doesn't ring through either.

Your original post was:
    No, the OP is Sitebanned, there is a difference.

How exactly would that help newbies? It tells them nothing, if anything it would just confuse them

Quit while your ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pedants get ALL the girls, you know.

• Advertisement

Outlawpete and Sharpshooter: get a room. Please.

If anyone's getting a room with me, they can join the list.
    Maybe I used too much subtext and should be clearer.

Stop bickering like kids and let this thread continue, in its varied attempts, to stray on topic. If you wish to devalue the suggestion made in the original post by de-tangentising the discussion flow - I'd prefer if you did it on another forum; as such is only causing thread recession, and we as people understand why recession is bad. Thanks.

Gordon wrote: »
    Maybe I used too much subtext and should be clearer.

Nope, just me forgetting to leave my AH head at the door :o

Apologies.

Fago has put in the request over at Site Development on behalf of all those that feel the 'thanks feature' would be a good addition to tCN forum.

Here's a link to the thread for those who would like to show support:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65233622

It's an insecurity thing, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

2686125178_429807d6f2_o.jpg

Sarky wrote: »
    It's an insecurity thing, then?

I think maybe it's an "insecurity thing" for those that don't want it.

Change makes people insecure I guess.

The people that do want it and think it would be a positive thing, like myself, have given our reasons on this thread and now again on the site development thread.

What makes you think it's got anything to do with insecurity?

If it was, surely we would also be insisting that the 'thanks count' was enabled also wouldn't we? But we're not.

Well, it's just that you claim that people won't post unless someone physically aknowledges that they did so. Surely if you've got something worth contributing you don't need someone else's approval?

Sarky wrote: »
    Well, it's just that you claim that people won't post unless someone physically aknowledges that they did so. Surely if you've got something worth contributing you don't need someone else's approval?

I claimed no such thing.

If that was the case then there would be no threads or post activity on tCN.

I have clearly stated that tCN has many excellent loyal posters and they deserve to have a little feedback on their posts when a reply isn't appropriate.

If someone posts a video in the "Musical Appreciation.." thread, then how does someone show they appreciated the post or liked the song?

They can't unless they clutter the thread with +1's.

If people were able to thank the song then the poster feels "Nice one, post appreciated..".

I lurk that thread more than any other on tCN and many times would have liked to thumbs up a song someone has posted.

Same goes for the "Illustrate your mood.." pic thread, some quite original posts that deserve some form of appreciation.

Surely you have seen on other forums where someone makes a contribution and their post gets 20 'thanks', lets say.

Okay, now when have you ever seen twenty "+1s"??

Never happens, right?

Does that mean tCN posts just aren't as appreciated as posts on other forums??

Hell no, it just means people are leaving a thread wishing they could 'thank' a post and not being able to.

That's a whole heap of positive atmosphere right there being wasted.

It's a great forum and it's about time people could express their appreciation for posts and threads just like they can elsewhere on Boards.

I think that tCN really needs two buttons a "thanks" and a "spanks" button, just about the only forum that you could get away with giving someone a "spank" and get away withit! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I don't think its a good policy for a moderator to take somebody to task in their forum for something they said in the feedback forum. Requesting apologies and that is not really on when it's only one man's opinion of a place.
    Even if it is in tCN. Even if it is negative feedback. Even if it is a joke. My 2c. Slightly OT but no more so than the rest of this fight thread has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Just to clarify.

Dr Bollocko did not receive payment from me, snyper - in cake, financial or otherwise for posting the above.

He thiought it up himself - all by himself..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I don't think its a good policy for a moderator to take somebody to task in their forum for something they said in the feedback forum. Requesting apologies and that is not really on when it's only one man's opinion of a place.
    Even if it is in tCN. Even if it is negative feedback. Even if it is a joke. My 2c. Slightly OT but no more so than the rest of this fight thread has been.
    Were you speaking of Sarky or The Zohan?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Were you speaking of Sarky or The Zohan?

Just the threads I saw in TCN there with the appeal for someone to apologise. Didn't see anything else. Didn't look at no details. Not trying to stick the oar in or get a personal dig. Just think in general that sort of thing seems a bit of an overkill.

I agree with bollocko 100%. Started as a clever joke, then went horribly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I agree with bollocko 100%. Started as a clever joke, then went horribly wrong.

Somewhat like tcn.. you could say.. but i wouldnt of course..

snyper wrote: »
    Somewhat like tcn.. you could say.. but i wouldnt of course..
    Just stop there please.

I really would like to know what is going on with Hitlersson.

I think we should start a campaign to free him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I really would like to know what is going on with Hitlersson.

I think we should start a campaign to free him. :D

You have no idea what he may have done but you want him reinstated?
    Dude People don't get site banned for no reason, and if Dav the community manager is having to handle it then there's been some serious lines crossed.

• Advertisement

I know exactly what is going on.

Just feel he should be given another chance.

Advertisement