Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morgellons in Ireland

• 27-02-2010 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Dont know where to put this thread so ill land it here.

Ive been looking into this for over a year, i have many symtoms of it and i am 99.9% sure its what i got.
    Who else thinks they have this condition and who knows any dermatologists or doctors that will deal with it?

In america they are close to officially acknowledging the problem, same in the UK and elsewhere.

Opinions people plz.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

How do you think you got it , is it in the air , from chemtrails , in the food , or is it a location you have been , the US or the UK , i am interested in that i do not want to get it , so should we avoid going to places like the US .

Do you think they are spraying dublin with morgellans , is that what the chemtrails are about over Dublin city , should we avoid going near Dublin city ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Is this Morgellans some sort of virus? What are the symptoms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

espinolman wrote: »

That is some scary s**t.If that information is correct then we have a major problem on our hands.Im going to do more research into this thanks for the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tetsudo

It has been linked with chemtrails yes, but i want this thread to focus on the actually condition and not the theories. I noticed that no one in ireland was talking about it, dealing with it or evening making threads about it so i figured id try and start somthing here.

morgellons.org.uk is a good site for info if any1's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Surely the reason nobody is talking about it is because it's not a single problem. Granted, I don't know much about it, but what I thought was that it was a general term for unknown skin problems. The different problems that are associated with it can differ quite a bit and so it's hardly surprises nothing conclusive has been found yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Delusional Parasitosis.

Oddly enough most sufferers self diagnose over the internet. Fancy That.:D

Are you looking for affirmation or help? If it's the former you've come to the right place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

studiorat wrote: »
    Delusional Parasitosis.

Oddly enough most sufferers self diagnose over the internet. Fancy That.:D

Are you looking for affirmation or help? If it's the former you've come to the right place.

It's easy to dismiss a condition as psychosomatic when very little is known about it. It's happened with many other conditions in the past until research confirmed that they were in fact real

I'm not saying that this is caused by Chemtrails or anything else, but the fact that the CDC are seriously investigating it makes me doubt that its a mental disorder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Very strange, I've never heard of it before, wherever it does come from some people seem committed to keeping this as an imaginary disease, like studiorats ignorant comment proves, some people will actually swallow what they say and remain ignorant believing it doesn't exist, when there is plenty of proof it's "real".

EDIT:
    The video title is what it is, the video doesn't say it's caused by chemtrails, it's a question title, the views of the person who put the video up on youtube are their's, so don't accuse me of twisting anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It could be claimed you are just as ignorant for dismissing Studiorats explanation out of hand.

• Advertisement

I just watched this video, very strange, you can see the Morgellons fibre/worm? moving, why is there such a cover up and refusal to acknowledge this condition?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

It could be claimed you are just as ignorant for dismissing Studiorats explanation out of hand.

Its not ignorant, his explanation is bollllox, your reply is also bollllox, WTF do you come to dimiss, dismiss, dismiss, your posts do nothing but bring the condition that the OP is suffering from into your little games you like to play, I've yet to see one post from you that in some way adds to any discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Can you show me my post where i dismiss the condition?

And maybe the OP should go to the doctor or a dermatologists rather than the internet or a CT forum for a diagnosis.

On a side note, learn to speak like a grown up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Tetsudo wrote: »
    Dont know where to put this thread so ill land it here.

Ive been looking into this for over a year, i have many symtoms of it and i am 99.9% sure its what i got.
    Who else thinks they have this condition and who knows any dermatologists or doctors that will deal with it?

In america they are close to officially acknowledging the problem, same in the UK and elsewhere.

Opinions people plz.

Out of curiosity do you have those fibre under your skin?
    This would be a big confirmation for you at least.

What are the main symptoms that set it apart from other skin disorders that you feel you may have?
    I am a strong believer in seeking answers before i believe a doctor.But when i dont find a solution i would also check with a doctor too, they are handy for tests at least :)
    Skin disorders are a real tough subject that i dont know alot about.
    But i would be interested in hearing about the symptoms and causes.

uprising2 wrote: »
    Its not ignorant, his explanation is bollllox, your reply is also bollllox, WTF do you come to dimiss, dismiss, dismiss, your posts do nothing but bring the condition that the OP is suffering from into your little games you like to play, I've yet to see one post from you that in some way adds to any discussion.

You're on your last warning. I've told you that with the last infraction I gave you. One more infractionable offensive, such as the above, and I'll ban you for one month.
    On a side note, learn to speak like a grown up.

Petty digs aren't welcome. Don't air grievances on thread, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

bollix bollix bollix bollix....

And then a video and a link to the wikipedia, outstanding. Is Morgellons caused by Chemtrails! LOL. Neither has been proved to exist. :rolleyes: But it fits nicely into the CT'ers arsenal of "research".

Morgellons resembles delusions of parasitosis in every way but by name. The burden of proof falls upon the Morgellons advocates, to date they have preconcieved ideas of what is happening. Conclusions as opposed to hypothesis. They must have a diagnosis, a definition and a way of distinguishing it from DOP. Yet none of this has happened.

There's no denying people are suffering, but "Morgellons" are a group in search of a disease and so far it does not exist. Misleading people by labeling them with a syndrome with no known cause or treatments the discrace.

It's not ignorance, it's just that some of us are a little more sophisticated when it comes to what we call proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

I've been interested in Morgellons for some time now. At on stage I even thought I had it! What I've learned from the research I've done on it is that the woman who gave it is name came up with the name from the description in a text from the 1600s.What I deduce from that is that it is not a new disease but rather in these times where many of us are worried about biologocal attacks pandemics etc,people have taken something old and constructed it into something new and unknown. Maybe it really is something new and physical but right now it just seems too arbitrary and too easily explained by many other things ranging from dermatitis to diabetes.

bollix bollix bollix bollix.....
    Indeed as usual.
    And then a video and a link to the wikipedia, outstanding. Is Morgellons caused by Chemtrails! LOL. Neither has been proved to exist. :rolleyes: But it fits nicely into the CT'ers arsenal of "research".
    What a stupid ignorant thing to say, you know nothing about it therefore it doesn't exist, well others more "sophisticated" than you seem to think it does exist.
    http://www.morgellons.org/
    http://www.morgellons.eu/

Did I say it was caused by chemtrails?, and how can you dismiss the cause when you don't know the cause.
    Morgellons resembles delusions of parasitosis in every way but by name. The burden of proof falls upon the Morgellons advocates, to date they have preconcieved ideas of what is happening. Conclusions as opposed to hypothesis. They must have a diagnosis, a definition and a way of distinguishing it from DOP. Yet none of this has happened.
    Did delusions cause that fibre/worm in the video to move about?
    Because the established medical boards refuse to accept it, and you follow the lead as usual, you assume the burden of proof fallls on advocates then dismiss and ridicule them when they "self diagnose", what type of rubbish is that?
    To date they have preconcieved idea's?, yet more rubbish, get this, you know fukk-all about it yet you think you are some authority with higher knowledge about morgellons.
    There's no denying people are suffering, but "Morgellons" are a group in search of a disease and so far it does not exist. Misleading people by labeling them with a syndrome with no known cause or treatments the discrace.
    Who labeled who?, you dismiss it as if your some kind of morgellons expert, you say it doesn't exist, then in the same few words admit there is a syndrome with no known cause or treatment, yea and its called morgellons.
    It's not ignorance, it's just that some of us are a little more sophisticated when it comes to what we call proof.

Yea very sophisticated , your whole post is ignorant tripe.
    http://www.morgellons-research.org/morgellons/

EDIT:
    Unexplained Dermopathy (aka "Morgellons")
    http://www.cdc.gov/unexplaineddermopathy/general_info.html

Recently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has received an increased number of inquiries regarding an unexplained skin condition which some refer to as “Morgellons.” Persons who suffer from this unexplained skin condition report a range of cutaneous (skin) symptoms including crawling, biting and stinging sensations; granules, threads, fibers, or black speck-like materials on or beneath the skin; and/or skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores). In addition to skin manifestations, some sufferers also report fatigue, mental confusion, short term memory loss, joint pain, and changes in vision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

bollix bollix bollix bollix....

And then a video and a link to the wikipedia, outstanding.

Is this really your idea of civil, reasonable discussion? If so, we have a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tetsudo

@Torakx

Hmmm, lets just say i have multiple symptoms of what appear to be generic skin conditions but they are all completely immune to treatment. Apart from that i have other symtoms that would appear to be morgellons specific. I basically misdiagnosed it myself for ages and then so to did my doctor. The reason i think its morgellons is because i match many of the non-dermatological symtoms aswell. I do not have fibres growing out of me but i do have similarly worrying issues. My GP is basically clueless no offence to the guy and im afraid most dermatologists would be the exact same altho ill prob have to get in touch with one at some point.

My opinion on the delusional parasitosis idea is thats its two prong -
    (1) Morgellons is not in the textbook and about 80% of its symptoms are the same as other conditions, leading most to genuinely think its a either one or multiple allready existing conditions and misdiagnosing. Once the treatment fails the only other thing the textbook says is that its delusional.
    (2) Someone somwhere knows exactly what morgellons is and desperate not to have it acknowledged as an official condition as to buy them as much time as possible. Once it is recognised there will be no stopping the mainstream media/science from shining light on somthing that could be of scandalous porportions. Could be infected water from chemtrail clouds or somthing to do with gene crops and herbcides, i dont know.

The most likely cause of it that i have heard is that genetically modified herbacides have been using the genes of the parisites they are trying to destroy in the actual herbacide to make it a more effective killer and now its having unforseen consequences up the food chain.

Also, im not dying from it or anything nor am i in any discomfort really. The only alarming thing is the cluelessness of the medical professon. I would suspect however that the HSE will inform itself about the issue later on in the year after the NHS(uk) does. The NHS is waiting for a report from the CDC(america).

There seems to be alot of people in america that have very advanced symptoms that are pretty scary. Theres a high profile case of a famous baseball player and his family who got it and they are rightly screwed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnR8vhrS4go Its the neurological element to that case that has me freaked out more than anything.

I'll also add that im not delusional, altho if i was id deny anyway =D.
    Dont let the bed bugs bite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I've reviewed this thread, because during the course of the day a few things occurred to me.

1) This is not the medical forum.
    2) There is no conspiracy being put forward here.
    3) The OP contains a specific request for what is dangerously to medical advice - which is against both the charter and the sitewide guidelines.

For these reasons, I'm locking the thread.

As for the level of animosity some posters are showing each other....guys...we will ban you if you keep this **** up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement