Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conspiracy or Ignorance

• 27-02-2010 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Having posted a thread in the 'Religious Discussion' forum about the current situation in The Catholic Church and it's latest inability to acknowledge it's wrong doings I was surprised to find that less than a couple of hours later it was removed by the moderator. The article I wrote asked why Catholic followers (or Christians in general) have not taken to the picket lines to demand results and justice for the victims of sexual abuse from clergy. It also asked how I, as a practicing Christian, can value any Church teachings anymore? The moderators only explanation was that they could not find anything up for discussion in my post (despite other posters/writers clearly pointing out to the moderator that the points to be discussed in the article were obvious). They asked that I PM them to discuss it. I did this and have not heard back since. Funny that, if only they were as quick to explain their actions as they were to try an silence my post. A bit too close to the bone perhaps?

I do not see the point in having a 'Religious Issues' Forum if moderators are only prepared to discuss things that they allow us to talk about. Things that paint rosey pictures of an organisation that is as corrupt as any political dictatorship. Is that not the entire problem in The Catholic Church. If anything, by immediately closing my thread, the moderators of the Religious Forum have only enabled me to make my point about the church's ignorance even stronger.

So, alas, I have decided to post here. Perhaps, if anyone has any thoughts about how these people are still allowed to act like a dictatorship you could add your thoughts? Why aren't people protesting outside churches?
    The Church have been covering their tracks for years. How has nothing changed?

Thank you for reading,

The Keen Eye.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thekeeneye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

thekeeneye wrote: »

So, alas, I have decided to post here. Perhaps, if anyone has any thoughts about how these people are still allowed to act like a dictatorship you could add your thoughts? Why aren't people protesting outside churches?
    The Church have been covering their tracks for years. How has nothing changed?

The same reason that people are not interested in bringing the perpetrators of 9/11 to justice, why our leaders get away with commiting war crimes, why Isreal are persecuting innocent civilians in palestine.You will find a lot of people in this forum are simply not interested in exposing the evil ways of our world or bringing it to justice.

This thread here mite be more what your looking for.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showtread.php?t=2055827962&page3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This isn't a conspiracy theory. If the religious forum mods don't feel it belongs there, try humanities. It would seem to fit the general scope of that forum.

If you've a problem with the Religious forums deleting your thread then ask them about it and wait for a reply. They're not on 24/7, so you'll have to be patient.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement