Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

warrenpoint show

• 27-02-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24

any results from the show last night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AdamPCCB

were any of the fights recorded or is there any pics of the fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭RustyBeanTin

I was there but i was too drunk to remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I was there but i was too drunk to remember

You were not the only one unfortunately.
    I was reffing last night and without a shadow of a doubt it was the craziest show if ever been to. And i dont mean crazy in a good way.
    Vastly overcrowded with drunks that were rude, vulgur, smashing glasses and even vomiting on the floor. Dispite the constant calls by me and the MC to clear the walkways and the cage side they just went about there business getting smashed. Security was at a minimum. Two or Three guys that were not able to cope with such a big crowd. The thing that got to me most however was the people lying about that were clearly on drugs. One lad in particular had to be given an IV drip by the paramedic and sent to hospital in an ambulance.
    I know this is not the full fault of the promoters but crowd trouble is a growing factor in the new promotions popping up and needs to be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭RustyBeanTin

You were not the only one unfortunately.
    I was reffing last night and without a shadow of a doubt it was the craziest show if ever been to. And i dont mean crazy in a good way.
    Vastly overcrowded with drunks that were rude, vulgur, smashing glasses and even vomiting on the floor. Dispite the constant calls by me and the MC to clear the walkways and the cage side they just went about there business getting smashed. Security was at a minimum. Two or Three guys that were not able to cope with such a big crowd. The thing that got to me most however was the people lying about that were clearly on drugs. One lad in particular had to be given an IV drip by the paramedic and sent to hospital in an ambulance.
    I know this is not the full fault of the promoters but crowd trouble is a growing factor in the new promotions popping up and needs to be addressed.
    It wasnt the spectators fault that the place was so overcrowded, it was the greed of the promotors who just kept cramming people through the door even though the place was way past capacity full, then yourself or the other guy would keep shouting down the mic about people being in the way like it was their fault, what did yous expect?! the venue was absolute ****e, as soon as a fight went to the ground nobody in the hall except for those right beside the cage or up on the elevated areas could see what the hell was happening and the fights went on to midnight or maybe a little later so once again it was hardly surprising that people were starting to get drunk and i seen that guy who was f**ked up on drugs but its hardly fair to tar everyone with the same brush because of the actions of a small few. All in all I dont think il be rushing out to head back to the balmoral to watch anymore MMA fights as the place is just so unsuitable for hosting them, The mourne country is such a better venue. **end rant**

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

I just seen a video of one of the fights last night and the madness was outside of the ring rather than inside of it, spectators were grabbing and shaking the cage and i can actually see some security man doing the same instead of stopping it,after the fight the fighters could not get passed and seemed to be getting pissed off and rightly so in my opinion i told my friend not to put the video on you tube as it would give a bad and wrong impression of irish mma shows, i hope the promoters sort these issues out before the next show.

• Advertisement

Im not here saying anything is any ones fault.
    Im simply stating the facts. And the fact is that the crowd was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

very good night of fights. yea a lot of people were drunk, locals and travelling fans included, and it was overcrowded but overall atmosphere was unreal. understand the problems with the aisles but the aisle used for fighter walk outs was same as the one needed to get out to the bar and toliets so obviously that aisle would be busy between the fights.
    ok so now onto the fights, dont remember all the fight results or opponents for some the local guys but ill do my best. apologies for onlky really knowing the names of the local fighters i didnt get a programme sheet last night

Yannick Magee (Elite MMA) won by Triangle choke 2nd round
    Aaron McAnulty (Elite MMA) lost by decision vs a fighter from Evolve in derry. contender for fight of the night
    Chris O'Hare (Elite MMA) lost by submission, think it was an arm lock in 2nd round
    Louis Gribben (Elite MMA) won by choke
    Dave (Dog Pound) lost by decision vs Chum Sut fighter
    Josh Chesney (Elite MMA) lost despite a good performance

All the fights above were fought at semi pro

wandy wrote: »
    All the fights above were fought at semi pro

I think you will find that all the above fights were fought under C-Class rules which are Amateur rules MMA. All of the fights on the show were Amateur rules fights. D-Class and C-Class only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AdamPCCB

Were the fights recorded or are there any pics of the fights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Moloko17

I think the show was well run in the sense that the fighters and all were well looked after, also all the fights were good matches, some of them where real wars. But the only issue i have with the show is that the venue is to small for the cage but last time when it was a ring there was no problem with the crowd or anything, and due to this, this is why i think there was all the issues with the crowd this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

I think you will find that all the above fights were fought under C-Class rules which are Amateur rules MMA. All of the fights on the show were Amateur rules fights. D-Class and C-Class only.

Oh yea sorry got bit confused dere

Advertisement