Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-132 Atlantis 14/5/10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Hi All
    What time is the launch at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

fifilarue wrote: »
    Hi All

Well Hello fil!:)
    It's due at 19.20!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Hi All

19.20 this evening(irish time) Fifi,getting butterflies already!!

lord lucan wrote: »
    thanks guys-am feeling pretty excited myself`as your enthusiasm is infectious. Also as the launch isn't until later, I might get a bit of work done in the meantime!:D

thanks guys-am feeling pretty excited myself`as your enthusiasm is infectious. Also as the launch isn't until later, I might get a bit of work done in the meantime!:D

LL i said 'SNAP' first just there!

Fifalure here is launch milestone times{with five hours to be added in Ireland.

Friday's Countdown Highlights (all times are listed in EDT)
    4:15 a.m.Mission Management Team meets to give a "go" for the fueling of Atlantis4:45 a.m.Fueling coverage begins on NASA TV4:55 p.m.Countdown resumes at the T-6 hour mark with the fueling of Atlantis7:55 a.m. Countdown enters a 2-hour, 30-minute built-in hold at the T-3 hour mark; fueling enters stable replenish9 a.m.Launch coverage begins on NASA TV and Launch Blog 10:25 a.m.Countdown resumes at T-3 hours 10:30 a.m. STS-132 astronauts depart crew quarters for Launch Pad 39A 11 a.m. Astronauts arrive at the launch pad and begin to board Atlantis12:15 p.m.Atlantis' hatch is closed and latched for launch1:05 p.m.Countdown enters a 10-minute planned hold at the T-20 minute mark 1:15 p.m.Countdown resumes at the T-20 minute mark 1:26 p.m.Countdown enters a 45-minute planned hold at the T-9 minute mark, during which the Mission Management Team and Launch Control team conduct polls to give a final "go" decision for launch 2:11 p.m.Countdown resumes at the T-9 minute mark2:15 p.m. Auxiliary Power Units start at the T-5 minute mark 2:20 p.m.Atlantis launches on the STS-132 mission 2:28 p.m. Main Engine Cut Off (MECO)

• Advertisement

I'm off out to buy some Kleenex.:(:(

Lol You mad thing,I will leave it in Your safe hands.Pease pray to Joe Coleman that i manage to reconnect somehow to view launch!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Chances of seeing it? Butterflies on stand by! :)

ynotdu wrote: »
    Lol You mad thing,I will leave it in Your safe hands.Pease pray to Joe Coleman that i manage to reconnect somehow to view launch!:)

:D:D:D:D:D

iceage wrote: »
    Chances of seeing it? Butterflies on stand by! :)

It'll be too bright(well,Irish bright,lol) this evening to see it.

• Advertisement

Holy Mary Mother of God,the interweb thingy has appeared!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Oh well..We'll be watching anyway. :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Atlantis..................Go
    NASA TV................Go
    Beeker...................Go

Yeah, yeah, yeah....Beeker in Launch mode.............:D:eek::D:P:D:D:pac::pac::pac:

sts132rssretractnate064.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Easy now keep that nutbag away from this forum:mad:

Where's Stargate? It's not like him to miss a launch. Has he been sucked into that wobbbly jelly-like time/space travelling thingy again? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭12april1981

Goodmorning everyone from Central Florida

A beautiful Sunrise this morning traffic beginning to get heavy so its time to head to the Center.Spent yesterday at the pad for roll back,got great pics which I cant wait to share with you.I have a friend who has a camera 700 feet from the pad so they will be amazing.Met with a good few Astronauts and hope to meet more today as Wolf and Dutton are scheduled for interviews.Cian is on his way and hope to meet with him tonight after launch.At T -7 .5 hours this is Eamonn:D

A beautiful Sunrise this morning traffic beginning to get heavy so its time to head to the Center.Spent yesterday at the pad for roll back,got great pics which I cant wait to share with you.I have a friend who has a camera 700 feet from the pad so they will be amazing.Met with a good few Astronauts and hope to meet more today as Wolf and Dutton are scheduled for interviews.Cian is on his way and hope to meet with him tonight after launch.At T -7 .5 hours this is Eamonn:D

Fair play for posting,have a blast(:pac:). Everything on track and running smooth right now,Atlantis wants to go out as smooth as possible!:cool:

The LL launch station is set up in the kitchen again,we're go for launch!:)

27112009013.jpg

The LL launch station is set up in the kitchen again,we're go for launch!:)

27112009013.jpg
    And I thought I was a nerd:D:D:D

Great stuff Eamonn. Have a great day, can't wait to see the photos:)

• Advertisement

Work under way on the Pad
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221471;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221472;image
    How do I get that job:pac::pac:

Beeker it looks more like they have lost the keys again in those pics:pac:

LL i notice You did not include the model with no payload doors{He beat it with his baseball bat when a launch was scrubbed one time:pac:}

Just heard them saying weather is still 70% and for thecommander&Sept it should be very hot.

Edwards is fine,main concern about possible cloud over KSC at launch time and minor concerns about the Transatlantic abort sites, but overall still very optomistic.:)

Where's Stargate? It's not like him to miss a launch. Has he been sucked into that wobbbly jelly-like time/space travelling thingy again? :eek:

I PM'd him during the night to no avail fifalure:(

So if Your lurking Stargate we are Missing You!!!!

Fingers crossed ynotdu:) It should be a great launch. Lets give Atlantis a great send off!:)
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221480;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221483;image

I PM'd him during the night to no avail fifalure:(

So if Your lurking Stargate we are Missing You!!!!

+1 to that. If he fails to turn up, I'll be in Cork in the morning and will seek him out:D

Beeker wrote: »
    +1 to that. If he fails to turn up, I'll be in Cork in the morning and will seek him out:D

there's a 50 punts charge into cork(they never joined the euro:))

just confirmed crew walkout will [EMAIL="be@3.30"]be@3.30[/EMAIL] and out of [EMAIL="hold@3.25"]hold@3.25[/EMAIL]

LL i notice You did not include the model with no payload doors{He beat it with his baseball bat when a launch was scrubbed one time:pac:}

I've retired her from the fleet early!:D

And there's our heroes! All aboard the Astrovan!

• Advertisement

I've retired her from the fleet early!:D

Spluttered My 10th cup of coffee at that one LL:D

Advertisement