Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping,youtube,and gmail account seperate.

• 27-02-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

i have 2 seperate accounts for youtube and gmail.i was wondering is there anyway where my account will stay signed into each website.

everytime i sign into my gmail one,it signs me out of my youtube accout and vice versa.

I was also wondering is it possible to disable your gmail account in google search as its a bit annoying if im signed in when i google stuff as they are recording all my activity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

There's probably a better way of doing it, but you could have one browser open for Gmail and another for YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Fol20 wrote: »
    i have 2 seperate accounts for youtube and gmail.i was wondering is there anyway where my account will stay signed into each website.

everytime i sign into my gmail one,it signs me out of my youtube accout and vice versa.

I was also wondering is it possible to disable your gmail account in google search as its a bit annoying if im signed in when i google stuff as they are recording all my activity.

If you are using Firefox there is an add-on that stops google collecting information

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60333

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

i use google chrome for its simplistic interface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

There is no way to do this properly because of the way google integrates its services.

They want you to have one account for everything. You could check youtube properties to see if they have an alias you can change so you have a different name on youtube to your gmail.

ok I had a quick look. You need to login to your youtube account and go to manage account and select Unlink YouTube and Google Accounts. This may allow you to do it as youtube account will no longer be a google account.

emm,,,when i do that i dont see the setting to unlink your email and youtube account

all i see is
    account status:community guidelines
    account status:copyright
    change password
    delete account
    authorized sites

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

hmmm I see, you know it may already consider the two separate but they use the same cookie on your machine and it is overwriting it.

I'm pretty sure I was asked to link my gmail to my youtube account at some point. I can't remember if this was in gmail or youtube but it might be worth a look to see can you merge the two and keep the separate user names unless you have some other reason for wanting them separate.

Otherwise I doubt its possible.

Is it possible to be logged into gmail but not the google search engine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fol20 wrote: »
    Is it possible to be logged into gmail but not the google search engine?

Use a client for email then dont log in, simple as. Its easy to enter the POP3s and SMTPs:)

Use a client for email then dont log in, simple as. Its easy to enter the POP3s and SMTPs:)

how do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

Use something like Outlook or Thunderbird (or on a Mac Mail.app or Entourage); that way you could get your mail without using the browser at all, keeping your YouTube signed in (at least, I think that's what he's suggesting).

I'd just use two different browsers, but then that's kind of a roundabout way too...

• Advertisement

Use something like Outlook or Thunderbird (or on a Mac Mail.app or Entourage); that way you could get your mail without using the browser at all, keeping your YouTube signed in (at least, I think that's what he's suggesting).

I'd just use two different browsers, but then that's kind of a roundabout way too...

Nice one,just tried thunderbird there and it seems like a very good system.If i delete stuff in thunderbird,will it delete it in the proper site as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

It depends on how you set it up, but you can do either, depending on how you'd like it :)

Advertisement