Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer Tech Support

• 27-02-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

The mother is having a problem with her vista Acer laptop and she asked me to take a look at it. Basically when its starting up it automatically goes into 'repair mode'. It eventually says it cant repair the problem and gives an option to shut down or advanced repair options. They include, system restore, backup from disc, memory repair etc.

Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be any system restore points and all of the other options end with the same results. Ive tried to start up in safe mode but it still goes into the system repair.

On Acers website their phone number is 1800 927221. When I ring that I get a recorded message telling me to ring 08717607221, which doesnt seem to exist.

Can anyone either advise me on the problem with the laptop, or alternatively, give me a working number for Acer support?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

The number you need to ring is 00448717607221 (It's a uk number)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The number you need to ring is 00448717607221 (It's a uk number)

"Sorry, the number you have called is not available"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Try this one; 0818 202 210

Cheers. I assume they wont be open until Monday. In the meantime does anyone have any ideas on how I should tackle the problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Sounds like the install is buggered.
    Either use a system recovery disk supplied with the system or a recovery partition, the instructions for accessing that should be in one of the manuals or on their website i'd imagine :)

• Advertisement

seithon wrote: »
    Sounds like the install is buggered.
    Either use a system recovery disk supplied with the system or a recovery partition, the instructions for accessing that should be in one of the manuals or on their website i'd imagine :)

Will that erase all of the files ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Tusky wrote: »
    Will that erase all of the files ?
    Most likely Yes.

Unfortunately, I believe I may have come across a similar problem on my mates Dell lappy. After much troubleshooting I ended up just removing the HDD, installing it in an external caddy and transferring/backing up all his files to my PC. Then we chose factory reset under advanced repair options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

It will put it back to the way it was when bought. User files and added software are erased.

If she needs to keep anything, you could boot the Acer using a Linux live CD or BartPE and copy whatever she needs to to CD/DVD, USB storage, or network share, etc., and copy back after Windows has been restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bbavel

0818202210 Acer Support. Be advised if it needs to go back to acer they state that it will be returned within 5 to 7 working days. Checked my laptop this morning which was booked in on the 25th of May and they still cannot tell me when it will be returned. Slow

Advertisement