Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Results for semester 1

Options
  • 27-02-2010 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a little trouble with my final results. Two of my grades have moved up since the provisional results came out; a B- to a B and an E to a D. It's the latter that i'm most worried about. I've gotten confirmation from both lecturers of the subjects that they will/have been changed, but when I checked my final results the other day the results were still the same.

Is this what usually happens? I'm putting back getting in contact with the lecturers because, as i've said, they have already said to me that the results are sorted and i don't want to be annoying them.

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Hi,

I'm having a little trouble with my final results. Two of my grades have moved up since the provisional results came out; a B- to a B and an E to a D. It's the latter that i'm most worried about. I've gotten confirmation from both lecturers of the subjects that they will/have been changed, but when I checked my final results the other day the results were still the same.

Is this what usually happens? I'm putting back getting in contact with the lecturers because, as i've said, they have already said to me that the results are sorted and i don't want to be annoying them.

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks.
    if you were talking to them BEFORE the final results,then they were right,some provisional results don't include tutorials and some other bits here and there,your final result is just that,a final result.

You can go and check with your lecturers again,but the results on SIS are official and hey,you passed both.Why would you want to questioning that?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

My provisional results showed an NG that was wrong. I contacted the lecturer who contacted the results board or whatever they are called. It still showed NG on the Final Results, so I contacted the lecturer again and he had it corrected within a couple of hours.
    Don't worry about annoying a lecturer. You are entitled to your correct results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

doly wrote: »
    My provisional results showed an NG that was wrong. I contacted the lecturer who contacted the results board or whatever they are called. It still showed NG on the Final Results, so I contacted the lecturer again and he had it corrected within a couple of hours.
    Don't worry about annoying a lecturer. You are entitled to your correct results.

Yeah that's my situation. I'll give the lecturer an e-mail and get her to change it to the right result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

if you were talking to them BEFORE the final results,then they were right,some provisional results don't include tutorials and some other bits here and there,your final result is just that,a final result.

You can go and check with your lecturers again,but the results on SIS are official and hey,you passed both.Why would you want to questioning that?

I've talked to both lecturers. I was missing lab marks for one which he said he corrected, which brought me to a B. For the subject with the E, marks were not added for a 20% assignment. The lecturer again confirmed my final grade, which is not yet on SIS.

Advertisement