Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stadium events Nes game sold for 41,300

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wow, after the, mere, $13,105 paid for a copy a couple of weeks ago. That person must be kicking herself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Fnz wrote: »
    Wow, after the, mere, $13,105 paid for a copy a couple of weeks ago. That person must be kicking herself. ;)

One of her sons told her to dump the nes sure,id take 13k over nothing any day..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I reckon she did alright, seeing as it was a rough copy that had been knocking about for years, compared to a mint unopened one linked to above...

Who in their right mind would want to spend that kind of money on a game though:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

tman wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would want to spend that kind of money on a game though:confused:

And to know that it'll just sit on a shelf for the rest of it's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

And to know that it'll just sit on a shelf for the rest of it's life.
    Or you see how much you'd get by charging for a live stream of an unboxing/will it blend type thing.

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    I reckon she did alright, seeing as it was a rough copy that had been knocking about for years, compared to a mint unopened one linked to above...

Well, I was being facetious.

As for who'd pay that much... hmmm, a billionaire tycoon or, perhaps, someone of lesser means but already in possession of > 95% of the NES library.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I need to show this to people who think I'm nuts after buying a load of ps1 games I used to have!

I need to show this to people who think I'm nuts after buying a load of ps1 games I used to have!

You are nuts - you only ever owned Kiss Pinball, and Barbie: Race and Ride! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The cart itself can be had for $500. Meaning the cardboard box that sold in the last auction was worth more than $10,000.

I'll say that again, ten grand, for a box! :eek:

And I thought that was insane until I saw that one end yesterday for $41,300.

I've seen some rare games and prototypes sell for a lot of money over the years but this is just absolutely ridiculous. Supposedly there's only 1 other sealed copy in the world. And this one was better condition.

But it's still silly. The amount of interesting games you could get for $41,300. Sure that Earthbound NES prototype was (only) a couple of grand. Which I would find a lot more interesting to own than this.

Edit / Here's another sealed one -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110499541029

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

You are nuts - you only ever owned Kiss Pinball, and Barbie: Race and Ride! ;)

Yep, all the classics! :D

• Advertisement

Lol, just... lol

yeahright.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Lol, just... lol

yeahright.jpg

has been relisted due to the fake bids :p

"Im tired of these joy bidders thats not willing to pay and are playing around do you know this is causing me money to list this up. I will only take serious inquiries and offers only now and will not answer anyone with a yellow star rating. The two highest bidders was little kids that are sitting on their butts with pepperoni face pimples that have no lives. Now if you guys want to really make a offer please email me an offer and i will answer as many questions as possible."

if anyone feels like splashing some cash http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110501811026#ht_500wt_1182

Advertisement