Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a phone for me?

• 27-02-2010 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

Must have:
    Good amount of battery
    Decent camera
    Brick shape (not a clam style, can't stand those)
    Durability

Would like:
    GPS
    wifi

budget up to 250 euros

Was thinking of the Nokia E55 perhaps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Sim-free

I was looking at the Nokia 5800, but so many people are reporting weird glitches and bugs and various touchscreen issues, I think would drive me crazy.

Basically want a phone that isn't too delicate, touchscreen or keys I don't mind, has good battery, good camera for once (most reviewed seem to have awful cameras).. and just to play with wifi and gps..

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Blackberry is the only way i go now once you have one its hard to go back to normal mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shadyfish30

Had a blackberry storm and just didn't like it - it kept freezing and doing all sorts of weird stuff. I'm sorry to be a conformist but splash out on an iphone. I absolutely love mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Basically want a phone that isn't too delicate, touchscreen or keys I don't mind, has good battery, good camera for once (most reviewed seem to have awful cameras).. and just to play with wifi and gps..
    Blackberry is the only way i go now once you have one its hard to go back to normal mobile.

Jonny7 didn't mention e-mail as a requirement, so I don't really think a Blackberry would suit.
    I'm sorry to be a conformist but splash out on an iphone. I absolutely love mine!

See the bits in bold up above. That would rule out the iPhone. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I just got a Nokia E71 off ebay there the other day and I have to say I really like it.

It also ticks all the boxes that you want but you would probably have to add €20 or €30 to your budget.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Reading about this phone

Samsung i8510

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i8510_innov8-2471.php

Not exactly new, and a bit clunky, but seems great from the reviews

I can pick one up for sub 200 quid on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Had a blackberry storm and just didn't like it - it kept freezing and doing all sorts of weird stuff. I'm sorry to be a conformist but splash out on an iphone. I absolutely love mine!
    Blackberry storm was probably the worst blackberry in years , if i had the cash i would get a blackberry bold they are lovely , cant stand touchscreens for phones myself .

Advertisement