Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yashica Mat 124

• 27-02-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Just bought one of these bad boys off the 'bay, plus a few spare lenses, flash, external light meter etc.

I'm a total film novice - will it be relatively straight forward to load the film etc.? Any tips on using it? I've a few years DSLR experience so have a reasonable understanding of aperture etc., and I plan on using it primarily for long exposure night shots.

Also, are there any places you'd recommend in Dublin / online for processing 120 film?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

notspav wrote: »
    Just bought one of these bad boys off the 'bay, plus a few spare lenses, flash, external light meter etc.

I'm a total film novice - will it be relatively straight forward to load the film etc.? Any tips on using it? I've a few years DSLR experience so have a reasonable understanding of aperture etc., and I plan on using it primarily for long exposure night shots.

Also, are there any places you'd recommend in Dublin / online for processing 120 film?

It's pretty easy to load the film, here's a link to the manual, which explains this, and other things. This is for a 124g, but it and the 124 are functionally identical.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica/yashica_mat124g/yashica_mat_124g.htm

Just be careful UNloading. My 'mat flicked a roll of 120 about 4 or 5 feet once when I was taking it out. Luckily it didn't unroll too much :eek:

Gunnes or the Camera Exchange do 120, I presume conns probably do aswell. If it's slide then the only place you can get it done is the fuji place on abbey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 notspav

Brilliant, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 notspav

It's finally arrived, just shot my first roll of film on it.

Anyone know how to clean the mirror, or if there's anywhere in Dublin that'll do it without charging a bomb? It looks pretty manky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

notspav wrote: »
    It's finally arrived, just shot my first roll of film on it.

Anyone know how to clean the mirror, or if there's anywhere in Dublin that'll do it without charging a bomb? It looks pretty manky.

Should be reasonably easy to get the hood off and remove the ground glass and fresnel to get to the mirror. Do a google for Yashica Mat Repair or something similar. Just be careful with the mirror, It's probably surface coated and so easy to scratch. While you're at it you could probably clean the inside of the viewing lens and the focusing screen/fresnel. Fresnel is probably plastic though so go easy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I got a number of someone for you PM me if you want.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055835080

• Advertisement
Advertisement