Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed flooring

Options
  • 27-02-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi guys,

my boyfriend and me got out shed yesterday. Looks amazing. Its a new home for our kittens aswell. lol It looks like this:
    http://www.mctwoodproducts.com/images/photos/large/36_1.jpg

The inside is wood obviously but everytime you walk in its dirty. Does anyone know a solution for this? It doesnt look good either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

satin floor varnish, if you are worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Cool, thanks a mill :) I take a look at that.
    I am worried about it because it its too good for a shed so I dont want the floor to look crap. Its got a veranda as well so its more than a shed.

Do you know where you would get something like that? Any specific shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why not look for an offcut of vinyl flooring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

B&Q or other DIY shops.:)

You might want to get some Sadolin or similar treatment for the outside while you are at it, but only apply that if you are sure it won't rain for a day or two... actually on second thoughts the outside looks pre-treated!

• Advertisement

The outside is perfect. Dont have to do anything with. The shed was expensive enough like so I wont make changes to that. Just the flooring. Right, so I guess Homebase should have it too then because we dont have B&Q in Sligo unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Aldi had/have a floor paint for garages etc. I've used it on the wooden floor of my shed, and it gives a great finish that you can sweep/mop easily. I think its about €15 for a tin.

Sounds great. I just looked on homebase.ie... they have nice paints. I probably go with that.

Advertisement