Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It begins....

Options
  • 27-02-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

The withdrawal has kicked in, the beta has ended and now we have to wait 5 days and 10 more hours until it is released.

So I've started playing bf2 again while I wait for the release, what's your pre game release withdrawal procedure? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm with ya man,can't wait for release.I might try project reality meanwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

BFV and or Flatout 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

BF2 ...eghhh

join us for BFV awesomness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

karma_ wrote: »
    BF2 ...eghhh

join us for BFV awesomness

I no longer have a (legal) copy =/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

IS BFV STILL played any more?
    Ive been thinking about it recently and wondering if its still played.

I never bothered with the beta im just waiting for the full release of BC2 so ive not stoped playing BF2.

• Advertisement

Theres a few good servers still running, with lots of old school players in them. FSFA 1 is a good server, though it has some **** maps in the rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Man I have never kicked a dog so much in my life....talk about snapping at the poor mutt. I am so waiting for this, wish my GF would **** off on holidays and I be sorted....feel a sore throat coming on so work is a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I get the nicest screenshots I can find of BF:BC2 and then go fap fap fap until release day.

Off-Topic : Wonda-Boy , were you on Left4Dead2 the other night with that name ? Dublin accent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

My pc packed in cpu overheating as a result of a dodgy heatsink and psu fan failed. So using an old dell laptop now. Cold sweats and shivers from lack of bf2 are setting in here :D.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

R0ot wrote: »
    The withdrawal has kicked in, the beta has ended and now we have to wait 5 days and 10 more hours until it is released.

Surprised you didn't download the leaked BC2 which started popping up on torrent sites over the weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cant recall the last time i was so looking forward to the release of an fps.
    I think its Thursday of us Euros.

Friday for Ireland/UK I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yup Friday for us for some reason, North America get it tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i switched from BF2142 to call of duty:MW2, so havnt even played the beta of this yet.
    plan to get all my weekend work done during this week so i can be locked away in my room for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

TheFairy wrote: »
    Theres a few good servers still running, with lots of old school players in them. FSFA 1 is a good server, though it has some **** maps in the rotation.

Dam it then im gona fire up my ol BFV so. Gona have to dig out my `ol disks if I still have em all or use images if I cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ponster wrote: »
    Surprised you didn't download the leaked BC2 which started popping up on torrent sites over the weekend :)

Would you believe I like the game that much that I don't want to pirate it? :D

Dam it then im gona fire up my ol BFV so. Gona have to dig out my `ol disks if I still have em all or use images if I cant.

Theres a torrent of BFV with "Green 1999" in the name. You just have to extract this to the install folder, add your proper CD Key, Run a regedit tool and update punkbuster. Tada game fully installed with no patching required.

R0ot wrote: »
    Would you believe I like the game that much that I don't want to pirate it? :D

ha !

4 hours into the SP and while it's fun, it does seem very much like COD. I don't think I'll even bother finishing it and just wait until the weekend to hit Multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ha !

4 hours into the SP and while it's fun, it does seem very much like COD. I don't think I'll even bother finishing it and just wait until the weekend to hit Multiplayer.

Doubt anything will change in MP other than the other guy can kill you. The spray and pray feel of the guns isnt great. You dont have to hit the other guy just aim in his general direction ala COD.

FOV is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ha !

It really is nearly identical to it. It isn't as polished but I think I may have enjoyed it a bit more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement