Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weight watcher for men in ennis

• 27-02-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    does anyone use the weight watchers in the west county on monday nights? is it any good?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

hi guys,
    does anyone use the weight watchers in the west county on monday nights? is it any good?
    thanks

I was in it for about six months two years back. The men weren't too keen on the group sessions, they tended to come and get weighed ask a couple of personal questions while this was being done and then leave. They'll have a session if a few people want it. When you join you get a booklet for the first few weeks on advice, menus etc.

Personally I used it for the discipline of getting weighed every week. I didn't bother with counting points after the first few weeks. I knew that what I was eating was sufficient for me to gradually lose weight and I did. I stopped going after six months and the weight has all crept back on.

At €10 a pop just to get weighed it's bloody expensive. Then again if I had continued going then I probably would not have put the weight back on. (it would have paid for itself because I wouldn't be spending money on junk) People who are more self disciplined than me will say it's a rip off, but for some of us who need an external impetus or supervision it can work very well and that's the important thing.

If you do join be prepared for good weeks and bad weeks. Some weeks you'd be sure you'd lose a few pounds and you might actually gain one, which can be very demotivating. You have to look on it as a gradual process and aim to lose between one and two punds a week on average, and if you want to keep it off then you have to modify your future eating habits on a continual basis. (you'll lose four or five pounds in the first week, but this is a once off)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

thanks very much for that. appreciate it.
    Im doing bit of running but carrying a nice bit too much. Where does it happen in the west county?

thanks very much for that. appreciate it.
    Im doing bit of running but carrying a nice bit too much. Where does it happen in the west county?

Go into the bar and about half way back theres a door on the left that opens on to some stairs. Meetings are in a room at the top. When I went it was on at 7pm. There was one lady taking details, money, giving out membership forms, etc and she'll issue you with a credit card sized membership card (ready on your second week) you bring each week. There's a second lady who does the weighing and answers the questions.

As I recall you have to pay €10 each week and also incredibly for any weeks you don't attend, although you are allowed four weeks (I think) absence per annum to cover holidays and the like; there's also a joining fee but I can't remember how much.

Actaully, I just found this on the website:

"You have a choice of ways to pay for Weight Watchers membership:

1. Pre Pay with Smart Save. Get 12 weeks for the price of 10. fee structure

2. Pay on a weekly basis. You'll pay a one-off registration fee and each week after that there is just the weekly fee. Making a commitment to come each week helps you stay motivated - so your weekly fee is payable each week as long as you are a member. Your membership allows for 2 weeks holiday every 6 months. If you are going on holiday, let your Leader know and you will not be charged. Outside your holiday allowance, missed week fees apply, up to a maximum of 3 missed weeks."

Per the website the time has changed to 7.30pm. Makes sense as there was an overlap on some weeks with the ladies meeting that was on beforehand.

You have me thinking I might rejoin, I felt great after losing the weight, and I'm quite lethargic now in comparison.

Advertisement