Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ASOS.com Now Accept Laser!

• 27-02-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Thought some of you might find this useful. ASOS.com now accept Laser cards so you don't need a credit card to order anymore. Yeay!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Oh dear god no! Bad enough that they remember the credit card details, now there'll be direct access to my own funds...uh oh!

Delivery to Ireland is now only €2.99?? Oh I'm going to be broke within the hour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm so happy, and so sad, at the exact same time! /runs to Asos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

What delivery to ireland only 2.99? I want to buy lots now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I feel like buying something just to celebrate this fact!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Ooooooh dear....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

This will have me broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They also have something on the site about how you can now send returns to an Irish address but can't find any more info on it. Obviously they're very keen to go after the Irish market!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Aw crap, now I have to buy those shoes I was eyeing up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭islander35

great news!! any other international sites that take laser?? handy for a bit of retail therapy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

Can you order that hot brown women who models the jeans?
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Uh oh... This won't be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Oh god this is the greatest news but is absolutely terrible. I'm going to have to exercise actual self control now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh noes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've never bought anything off asos. i think i'm put off by the fact they just have too much and i can't choose what to buy.

but this is good/bad news depending what way you look at it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Guys if anyone has any further information on the local Irish returns thingy, will they please post it?
    I cant find any further information about it on the site, would be very handy of it made returns easier! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yesss!! I have been hoping more online stores would start taking laser, It's alot cheaper than sticking it on my 3v as you have to pay the extra €2.50 charge. This is great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

seen this last week and thought uh oh im gonna be so broke,shipping is only €3 now?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Oh no!!! My poor laser card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've been leaving off buying stuff on ASOS until I got off my ass and got a 3v voucher, but I think it'll be my poor laser card taking a beating now lol! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

sweet!!

scroll down here and it has the 2.99 rate for ireland http://www.asos.com/infopages/pgeshiptocountry.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I am tempted - I always think the stuff on ASOS looks fab, BUT I was very disappointed when I ordered two items from them. One of them, a (expensive enough!) silk blouse, lost a button as soon as I took it out of the packaging :eek: The skirt I ordered alongside it was supposed to be a 12 but was more like an 8. :( ..and the material was really cheap.

Am I the only one who has had a bad experience with ASOS? Maybe I should give it another go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

This is bad news for my bank account.

I'm off buying clothes for lent so haven't even looked at asos in over a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I filled out a survey about ASOS recently that was clearly aimed at making changes to the way Irish people shopped on the site. I'm sure some of you probably filled it out too. I'd imagine they took a lot of the feedback on board and that this is the result. Fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My poor laser card feels violated....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

islander35 wrote: »
    great news!! any other international sites that take laser?? handy for a bit of retail therapy :)

There is one other one website I know with Laser and that is Rowlands Clothing from the UK. They take Laser ... and you pay at the Sterling price, thereby saving you Euros. Their website address is http://www.rowlandsclothing.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

bdo wrote: »
    There is one other one website I know with Laser and that is Rowlands Clothing from the UK. They take Laser ... and you pay at the Sterling price, thereby saving you Euros. Their website address is http://www.rowlandsclothing.co.uk/
    he bdo,, what kind of clothes do they have?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

sweet!!

scroll down here and it has the 2.99 rate for ireland http://www.asos.com/infopages/pgeshiptocountry.aspx
    heya is the delivery always 2.99?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Star_Me_Kitten

uh oh! Ive always wanted to buy stuff from these guys but never been able to.

Im gonna go shopping now , from my bed :)

how long does delivery take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Usually 5-7 days, they can be impressively fast at times but annoyingly slow at others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭earcandi

Goodbye bank balance... Hello fabulous clothes! Clever asos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 edel26

will have to buy now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

janeybabe wrote: »
    I filled out a survey about ASOS recently that was clearly aimed at making changes to the way Irish people shopped on the site. I'm sure some of you probably filled it out too. I'd imagine they took a lot of the feedback on board and that this is the result. Fair play to them.

i did that survey too :)
    eVeNtInE wrote: »

their normal delivery yes, their express delivery is courier. i tried it recently and had a bad experience, they couldnt find the place and didnt bother trying to ring me just sent it back to the depo. i had to email asos a few times before i got anything out of the courier people and in the end it arrived on the latest day it wouldve arrived with normal delivery (plus a whole lot of emailing hassle).

to be fair to them i requested that they refund me my delivery charge and they did. but it really put me off and im a regular asos customer (wearing an asos dress at the moment in fact! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LauraOrlagh

I just bought a fab black dress the other day n got it today, I LOVE it! it was asos own brand and only £38.. which was bout €45.. it was sooo worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Thought this might be a good place to ask about their sizes! I've never ordered before so just wondering do they size to flatter or are they decent sizes? I'm a size 8 lipsy so would that be a good guide for asos sizing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Someone posted a 20% discount code over on margain alerts
    FASHIONASOS
    Dunno if it is still valid, but worth a try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Beauty Addict

wooooooooooooo finally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Louloug

I use ASOS all the time- probably too much and I find it really good.
    The items are of the same quality as the high street stores really, just remember if the material looks cheap then it is!just need to take a look at it first. I have bought stuff almost every week on it since I found out about it early last year. I don't really buy shoes online, as I get most of them in the states but I did buy a pair this month and they are FAB!!but my friend bought some last year and she said they were like plastic shoes Barbie would wear LOL!
    Their returns policy is really good, but like another POST on here I cannot see where the details are for local delivery in Ireland.With the LASER thing they did post about it on their website, and then followed up with an email a few days later!so this may happen for this also!
    With the Ireland survey they did earlier this year they have done really well in implementing some better deals for the Irish shopper- bad for me :(

Has anyone paid in GBP with their Laser card?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I'm delighted they reduced their delivery prices. I actually emailed to complain about it in Jan as I had to return something to them and it was costing me so much between paying their delivery charge, paying so much to send back to the UK and the fact that they didn't refund the intial delivery charge. They did reply to say thanks for my input and that they were looking at ways to change these issues, so thankfully they have.

I also can't find anymore info on local returns though. I ordered stuff last night, but now I don't really want the coat I ordered, so I'm wondering if they will have info in the delivery on how to send back locally.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Louloug wrote: »

I tried the other day but it told me I could only pay in Euros with my Laser :/ Oh well, i still bought lots of stuff :P

I contacted them to ask about the local returns and I got an email with a link to their returns page. I can't find any information on the page though so I've emailed them again about it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I also emailed them, got an automated response and haven't heard a thing back all day. So much for their response within 1 working hour!

In fairness, they got back to me both times very quickly.

Basically the returns slip has an Irish address on it. An Athlone address. So that's how it works. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Louloug wrote: »

Also Asos' prices are displayed in both Sterling and EURO; you will pay the EURO price, which is set at a £/€ exchange rate at approx. £1:€1.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hope it's ok to ask this here.

But what is ASOS jacket/coat sizing like?

I am a size 10 in high street shops (new look, dorothy perkins, etc) however I have a problem of long arms.

For coats/jackets, I usually get a size 12 and have the waist taken in.

I've read some posts about ASOS being generous with their sizes and other saying they are small/normal size fitting, but that was about tops/dress, not coats/jackets.

Thanks.

Advertisement