Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well done Veolia: Luas and The Point/The O2

• 27-02-2010 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Was in the O2 last night for the first time since the Luas was extended down to it and I have to say Veolia did a great job after the concert of organising transport.

Plenty of trams and no crush. Would even go as far to say that it was comfortable! Helpful staff too.

Well done Veolia (and indeed the organisers in the O2)!

[Back in Connolly there was a fight starting between two men on the Luas platform with four STT spare parts looking down from Connolly and doing nothing]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

were they stacking trams at the terminus?

I remember being in Stuttgart goint to the Merc museum and there was a match on in the area also, the trams were running every 45 sec or so to the stadium and then clearing off onto a side line to keep platform space free. If it was anything like that its good stuff and about time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Yes, as soon as one tram left it was replaced within seconds by another, resulting in two trams sitting loading at the terminus at nearly all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭FlameoftheWest

JHMEG wrote: »
    Was in the O2 last night for the first time since the Luas was extended down to it and I have to say Veolia did a great job after the concert of organising transport.

Plenty of trams and no crush. Would even go as far to say that it was comfortable! Helpful staff too.

Well done Veolia (and indeed the organisers in the O2)!

[Back in Connolly there was a fight starting between two men on the Luas platform with four STT spare parts looking down from Connolly and doing nothing]

Yes I have experienced this myself. They do a fantastic job. When I first started reading this board a few months back there were all kinds of Joe Duffy Calletr types making all kinds of doom prophecies about the whole line was a joke and would be mayhem and dangerous.

It's nice to see we can do something right with public transport in this country. If Irish Rail/CIE operated the Luas as the Evening Herald demanded recently they would run it like they run everything else. A tram every hour and GAA style special trams now and again. Look at Docklands station very close to the Point...say no more.

We need Veolia to take over Irish Rail and turn it into a public transport provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If Irish Rail/CIE operated the Luas as the Evening Herald demanded recently they would run it like they run everything else. A tram every hour and GAA style special trams now and again.
    Funny you should mention that: my main source of concern was not being able to get a Veolia-run Luas from the O2, but being able to get IE-run train home from Connolly as the last train leaves early by Veolia standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

JHMEG wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that: my main source of concern was not being able to get a Veolia-run Luas from the O2, but being able to get IE-run train home from Connolly as the last train leaves early by Veolia standards.

Oh please stop JHMEG, I wanted to go to bed tonight without any reminders that could provoke a CIE induced nightmare.:eek:

As for Luas and the O2, my one experience was hassle free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

After a very brief respite drug dealers are back using the luas to sell their wares while using mobile phones to warn each other of the whereabouts of the very few and far between security personnel. I also noticed beggars and junkies back on most city luas platforms hassling people for change. So thanks veoila for the short respite when it was a pleasure to use or wait for a tram.

Advertisement