Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zooplus.ie

• 27-02-2010 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

I ordered a rabbit hutch from Zooplus.ie and when I read the terms and conditions it said that my credit card would not be charged until the product had been shipped.
    I have now received an email to say that my order has been cancelled due to "unforeseen delivery problems". However they have charged me for it!!!
    I have asked them for a full refund immediately and asked why they are advertising products that they cannot deliver.
    Has anyone else been through hassle with them?
    I will never use them again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Nope, I use them all the time and it's generally fine. They do make the odd mistake, but always apologise and fix it right away if you complain. Worst I ever had was them sending me two agility tunnels instead of one by mistake. Being too honest, I told them about it and they arranged to have it picked up again, but then credited my Zoopoints account with the second one, so I was a winner anyhow.

I once ordered the same item twice by mistake and within about a minute the order number had gone up by a couple of hundred, so they do a huge volume of sales and there are bound to be a few computer glitches every now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

They can make mistakes, as said usually they fix them quickly.
    I still use them because the cheapness outweighs any hassles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I am so annoyed that they took my money, that is a breach of their terms and conditions which say that they do not take payment until the item is shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Pain in the ass when there kind of things happen, but unfortunately it's just one of those things. It was probably a skrew up with regards to switching you over from the "to be shipped" list to the "cancelled" list. I totally agree with Guineapigrescue, they are cheap and have a huge range thus the reason I use them.

I use a 3V card for online purchases and I could have used the money on it to buy a hutch somewhere else. It could be days until Zooplus decide to refund me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Zooplus are cheap and have a great range of stock, but unfortunately they are not for the impatient and people who need stuff urgently! I learned early on (after running out of cat food a couple of times) that it's best to keep a two week buffer of stuff when placing your orders. The items you want is always sold out just when you really need it.

However, they do have the best range of cat food on the Internet and they're usually quite reliable, so I'm sticking with them. It's either that or feed my cats Whiskas, which is worse food for the same price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 big tom 1980

I have shoped on smartpets.ie a few times now. and the are fast with the order they deliver the next day and all orders over €49.99 are free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I've had a few issues with zooplus:

- I ordered a large dog crate when we first got our dog, it hadn't arrived after a week and a half so I emailed them and they apologized and sent another and it arrived after a few days. Except, the crate that arrived was actually the first one and the second one arrived two weeks after the first! I let them know and they picked it up.

- They always seem to be out of stock of Acana and Orijen. I wanted to feed Orijen, but they were out so I bought Acana and Jake was doing well on it so I saw no reason to switch. Then Acana was out of stock all the time too, as well as Orijen... the latest was that Orijen came back into stock but had gone up from 100 euro for 13.5kg x 2 to 150 euro! So I've switched to James Wellbeloved, and I can only hope they're better at keeping this one in stock.

However, the benefits outweigh these issues for me. If I was to buy dog food locally, I'd have to settle for something like Pedigree, Royal Canin, Red Mills etc. and I'm not happy to do that. Also, I can get rawhide chew bones for 75% cheaper, and they look less processed than the ones I was getting in Petworld.

Also the site is pretty easy to navigate, which can't be said for smartpets.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Oh, and before we got a car, getting kitty litter delivered straight to my door? Amazing. Plus it's cheaper and better than what's available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I ordered a bunch of rabbit stuff from them and it was fine, all really cheap and arrived on time. I guess they make mistakes but overall people seem to like them. I would never buy a hutch in a shop again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've used them once so far.They made a mistake in my address and couldnt be delivered the first time.

A few emails later and it was sorted. Had to buy a different fish food than my first order but I'll get over that. Once the order was processed it was delivered in about 3 days

They have now replied to me saying they did not receive my money, except my 3V account clearly shows otherwise. I have contacted 3V about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

i got a dog crate from zooplus, it was broken when it arrived (there was no padding in the packaging) i called them right away and they immediately shipped a replacement, took less than a week to arrive.

I'm very happy with them, even with the broken original product, their service in rectifying the situation was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Not gotten anything recently, but Ive used zooplus.ie and zooplus.de a number of times.

I find sometimes I can get the same items at an even cheaper price on one site versus the other.
    I'm not a german speaker, so have used google translator with great benifit.

Prices at the moment seem to be favoring the .ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

i got a dog crate from zooplus, it was broken when it arrived (there was no padding in the packaging) i called them right away and they immediately shipped a replacement, took less than a week to arrive.

I'm very happy with them, even with the broken original product, their service in rectifying the situation was outstanding.

Had to update this.....even though it's an old thread

Zooplus, despite me contacting them numerous times, would not arrange the shipping of the original faulty product, as they said they would.

I moved to the US, and months later got an email from them saying that they would be charging my credit card for the replacement they sent me because the original faulty item hadn't been returned. They claim, even though I showed them the emails I had sent to them, that if i had contacted them that they would have arranged pickup......living in the US, I had no way to get the original returned to them, so I ended up paying for 2 crates.

I WILL NEVER USE THEIR SITE AGAIN

Advertisement