Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations to update Dell Dimension 4600?

Options
  • 27-02-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an old 4600 which I was going to recycle but it dawned on me that I might be able to upgrade it?

My son is looking for a PC that will allow him a better gaming experience.

Any recommendations out there on 1. whether its possible to upgrade this 4600 and what I should tackle?

thanks
    T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It would depend greatly on the games, but in general, it'd be completely uneconomical to upgrade that machine. You would pick up parts pretty cheap second hand - DDR Ram, Socket 478 3Ghz CPU, old AGP Card - but if it's new games he's looking to play, then not a hope of it being sufficient to any extent, even low settings. Time for a new machine I'm afraid. That machine will never cope with anything other than old games from a few years back, no matter what you put into it.

Advertisement