Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is your celebrity look a like?

• 27-02-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone ever tell you that you look like anyone famous or have you ever been mistaken for anyone famous.

My sister was reading a mag a while back and it had a feature on the front, "Celebs looking rough"..... She went to my Dad "oh my god! she is the image of XXXXX (me, irish high)! It was a pic of Jessica Biel with no make up on and she looked like she had been dragged across a field by a tractor!:eek: My sister kept trying to make it up to me saying, "she was voted sexiest woman"! not looking like that she wasn't:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I was once told I looked like the actor James McAvoy. Took it as a compliment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mia2

I was told I looked once that i looked like Gail from Coronation Street. To say I wan't happy would be a bit of an understatement!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blueboyd

I look a bit like Bruce Willis I'm afraid.

Did help me to get good service though once when I happened to go to a party that was at the DGA- building in LA (DGA = Director's Guild of America).

But it only lasted til I opened my mouth. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭doireann08

i have been told that i look like cheryl cole ( when she cut the mane of hair) mind you a fair bit of drink had been taken.

I was in BT2 the other day and someone thought I was Anna Friel??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 cyberfitnessgur

Tiger woods.

Worked wonders b 4 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Surely the question should be "what celebrity looks like you"?

ps, has celebrity status yet reached the point where the manager of my local spar can be considered a celebrity? I know that to be considered a celebrity isn't what it was, and more or less anyone is a celebrity these days, and I wondered whether we are nearing the point where we will all be celebrities and all shall have prizes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

irishhigh wrote: »
    Hey,

Does anyone ever tell you that you look like anyone famous or have you ever been mistaken for anyone famous.

My sister was reading a mag a while back and it had a feature on the front, "Celebs looking rough"..... She went to my Dad "oh my god! she is the image of XXXXX (me, irish high)! It was a pic of Jessica Biel with no make up on and she looked like she had been dragged across a field by a tractor!:eek: My sister kept trying to make it up to me saying, "she was voted sexiest woman"! not looking like that she wasn't:P

I take it this is your subtle way of trying to tell us you look like jessica
    biel, yet at the same time acting all insulted coz it was a bad picture of her just the same. you might resemble her looking drab, on your best day, maybe, just a nuance of similarity I'm betting. you neglect to disclose your sister is 4 years old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭debbie123

i keep getting told i look like clare from coronation street not nice!!! IM DYING MY HAIR BLONDE AGAIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

I've been told I look like Marilyn Monroe a fair few times....and also yer wan that used to be in Steps with the blonde, curly hair, Faye I think her name was :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I look like Christy Brown's left foot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I look like Christy Brown's left foot

Unfortunately I look like the less famous right foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Paulina Paravisoa (Can't pronounce her last name. An eastern european model. She was around 10 years ago. She's pretty obscure nowadays.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Gekko wrote: »
    I was once told I looked like the actor James McAvoy. Took it as a compliment!

You ride!!

I get Brooke Shields and Rene Russo a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Lots of very good looking people on this message board ! To be honest, I am supposed to be a clone of Noel Dempsey TD. I don't know whether that's a compliment or an insult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Garry Glitter:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

I look like Bill Hader apparently.

You might remember him as one of the cops from Superbad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I look like Bill Hader apparently.

You might remember him as one of the cops from Superbad.

When I met you I thought you were the image of him. Seriously, he is your twin! (it's a pretty cool twin though :))

I was recently told I look like Zooey Deschanel from 500 days of summer because I got a fringe cut. I was quite pleased with that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

watna wrote: »
    When I met you I thought you were the image of him. Seriously, he is your twin! (it's a pretty cool twin though :))

Ha. Well it's certainly better than when people compare me to Stephen King... that's not flattering at all! I don't even know if they mean before or after the car crash or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 007IRE

Daniel Craig, i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

Constantly get told i look like Liv Tyler or Stacey Solomon (which i despise but as my mother says at least i don't sound like her!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

RubyBlu wrote: »
    Paulina Paravisoa (Can't pronounce her last name. An eastern european model. She was around 10 years ago. She's pretty obscure nowadays.)

Obscure to the point you can't even Google her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

All the dark haired brides on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

If that wasn't bad enough, Russell Brand......I'm a woman......

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chrismartin4u

It's not about me but my friend looks like Will Smith. He got the complements from many people about his looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Tiger woods.

Worked wonders b 4 2010.

You this guy?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrjHlT2uxRuet3RGJv_MdAOxGa-2w4sX7PCEu9jLuXXz2ogR2xQQ
    SeanMunsSM.jpg&w=170&h=170&ei=W6vhT8b9OsLMhAezxIm4Aw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=165&vpy=347&dur=1086&hovh=136&hovw=136&tx=74&ty=115&sig=103803854274695893279&page=2&tbnh=136&tbnw=136&start=23&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:23,i:165

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chrismartin4u

du Maurier wrote: »
    You this guy?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrjHlT2uxRuet3RGJv_MdAOxGa-2w4sX7PCEu9jLuXXz2ogR2xQQ
    SeanMunsSM.jpg&w=170&h=170&ei=W6vhT8b9OsLMhAezxIm4Aw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=165&vpy=347&dur=1086&hovh=136&hovw=136&tx=74&ty=115&sig=103803854274695893279&page=2&tbnh=136&tbnw=136&start=23&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:23,i:165
    Wow!! He really looks like Tiger woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Niamhoooooo

My brother was told he looks like Simon Cowell, and I was told I look like Rachel Bilson, which shocked me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I've been told Khloe Kardashian and Lucy Hale...don't think I look like either of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

A pan-sexual hybrid of Sid Vicious and Elvis apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 20 teflonchest

I look like Professor Charles Xavier!! from X-men! I hope I could read minds... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

I resembled Sinead O Connor in the early 90's. Alas neither of us look like that now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

I've been told I look like Monica Bellucci and Salma Hayek in their younger days by two different people. So I'll say a mixture of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

We did this in work recently. I look like Greg Grunberg, actor in Alias and Heroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

doireann08 wrote: »
    i have been told that i look like cheryl cole ( when she cut the mane of hair) mind you a fair bit of drink had been taken.

I was in BT2 the other day and someone thought I was Anna Friel??
    How you doin? ;) You must be a stunner to be compared to them. :D

I've been told I look like Kate Winslet. Alisha Silverstone. Grace Kelly. Most recent thing I get is Holly Willoughby (I wish). But Tanya from Eastenders I get all the time :mad:

There's a thread in cool links & bids where you throw up your pic and let boardsies decide which celeb you look like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

I've been mistaken for Ed Sheeran before and a few friends have commented that I'm a mirror image of him just with a cleaner hair cut..

Not sure how to take it TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I get 'a young sandra bullock' all the time, to the point of headwrecking.

Got cheryl cole a couple times but think its just my hair/a really bad chat up line :L

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeadOfCurls

I have curly hair so I'm likened to ANYONE with curly hair.......Minnie Driver...Elaine from Seinfeld...Andie McDowell etc.
    Although I reminded someone of Kate Bush once.......did she ever have curly hair or just a wild untamed mane??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I get Layne Staley alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I've been told I look like Kate Winslet. Alisha Silverstone. Grace Kelly. Most recent thing I get is Holly Willoughby (I wish). But Tanya from Eastenders I get all the time :mad:

There's a thread in cool links & bids where you throw up your pic and let boardsies decide which celeb you look like :D

What's wrong with Tanya from Eastenders?:) She's very attractive! I've seen a pic of you on here before and you look like Holly Willoughby too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Angelina Rose

Fortunately or unfortunately in my family there are celebrities but I am not like someone else that is smart and handsome like me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement