Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homophobia, Homosexuality and Men

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i was tidying up the forum a bit, ya know general moddy stuff, checking for spammy crap, deleting old locked posts and I saw the above comment.........

listen you, ya cheeky fcuker......anyone more of this smart arsedness and I'll be abusing my modly powers! ;)

and for the record no, she hasn't carried me home after a night out. Although, we did mutually support each other 1 night after an all day session. So there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Dr Galen wrote: »
    i was tidying up the forum a bit, ya know general moddy stuff, checking for spammy crap, deleting old locked posts and I saw the above comment.........

listen you, ya cheeky fcuker......anyone more of this smart arsedness and I'll be abusing my modly powers! ;)

and for the record no, she hasn't carried me home after a night out. Although, we did mutually support each other 1 night after an all day session. So there!

One too many appletinis for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i dont really have any gay friends (that i know of) so i cant really comment from that perspective

but i notice that my friends do tend to treat an openly gay person differently when they are around our group at least at first. not in a bad really but more of a stand offish way as if they think they are going to get jumped by them any minute until they realise no no they are just people too

had a great night taking the piss out of straight blokes at new years with a friend of a friend who was gay and very very open about his activities(kinda ties in to the other thread abotu talking about your sex life) he was hilarious and could take a joke make fun of himself as well as everyone else and was just one of the gang really. im saying this not in a i was suprised way but more in a this is how i pictured it would be like (normal like everyone else) i just hadnt experienced it first hand but i think alot of people are just alittle more close minded and as a result will never get the chance to just hang out and be normal with a gay person

having said all that really really camp gay men do annoy me im not saying i will automatically cast them aside but its a hurdle to us being friends just like being an orange oompa loompa super sweet 16 wanabe is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Reflector wrote: »
    Also nothing cooler than straight guys who are totally cool with the gays and couldn't give a ****. Always the smart good looking ones too for some odd reason. :confused:

i can imagine it being quite refreshing/a relief for someone to realise that the people around them dont actually care who they like to **** and like them for who they are. particularly for a younger recently out gay man

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Reflector

Dr Galen wrote: »
    i think its a test tbh mate. Its lifes way of showing you you can't always get what you want. Like my female mate, who is hot, likes beer, football, console games and poker. Unfortunately she's been practically married for as long as I can remember.

She sounds awesome, why are girls so puzzled by what men want??? It seems pretty simple to me.

A best mate with boobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

she has cracking...........anyway yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Very good thread, enjoyed the bickering but not the silly off topic posts. Always interesting to hear perspectives from different people about sexuality.

I got to know a couple of gay people, mostly from college. Friends of friends, people I'd talk to at parties, people I was taking classes with, people I'd be friendly with and talk to on a regular basis but none of my close friends are.

Although it's a very small sample size, I don't think there are any character traits I can think of that are characteristic to these people that distinguish them from the other college guys.

To add a bit of peripheral information I don't have a huge amount of female close friends either.

Anyway, I wanted to say I actually enjoy the company of 'camp' people very much. I think the characteristic humour (or the humour I think is characteristic to camp people) is very funny. I like the loudness, extrovertedness and the bluntness of the jokes.

Some how ended up one night at the house party of a gay guy who lived with gay people who's friends were mostly gay. One of the lads there had me in stitches the entire night.

It would seem that a lot of 'heterosexual' guys on this thread anyway disapprove of 'campness' and I wanted to add my own opinion.

Advertisement