Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Meetup Madness!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

Go to the theatre / comedy show etc..
    Hi

I'm new to the thread, new in town and would love to expand my social circle - that sounds a bit rude actually, anyway, I'm up for most things, another new face for you all.

For this meetup the 19th is best for me, I've already paid for a ticket to a gig on the 20th.

I used to play poker every week for a few months, haven't played for while, but a poker night would be great fun. Playing face to face, online doesn't cut it. And it ain't poker unless you play for money, only a small pot of course so no one gets in trouble, but real money intensifies the whole experience. Oh and for poker you only need around 6 people, much more and it's separate tables anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I have another idea which I'll post.
    I voted for the comedy night, thing beers is winning tho, not overly opposed to that either! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

19th/20th is good for me too, although from past experience the weekends do not suit a lot of people as they travel home....still though no objections yet :)
    I voted for the comedy night, thing beers is winning tho, not overly opposed to that either! :P

Don't worry, next meetup won't be a comedy night but there will be a boards one and you will have pride of place right beside me.

If anyone hears of any comedy shows coming up please let me know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

Im in on 19th/20th... or on any other date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Karaoke evening
    how about 19th if it's a tie? Friday nights are generally better for me! looks like it should be a good turn out judging by number of votes:):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ruby723

19 or 20 should be fine for me. looking forward to it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

if its the 19/20, you can enjoy my lack of presence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

kingtut wrote: »
    19th/20th is good for me too, although from past experience the weekends do not suit a lot of people as they travel home....still though no objections yet :)

Don't worry, next meetup won't be a comedy night but there will be a boards one and you will have pride of place right beside me.

If anyone hears of any comedy shows coming up please let me know!!

Scorrrrrrrre! ;)

stevexo wrote: »
    if its the 19/20, you can enjoy my lack of presence

You are one of the people who leaves Cork at the weekend?
    Scorrrrrrrre! ;)

:odon't tell everyone or they will all want their turn :o

• Advertisement

Karaoke evening
    dont forget mini boards drinks this friday (whiskey was it:D?) stevexo? 440hz? Ruby? im free on Thursday too if thats better for anyone! any other hardcore people free? (hardcore as in whiskey heads, in case kingtut drags the conversation into the gutter :P:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I'll be missing this one. Can't do weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I'm out for weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

You are one of the people who leaves Cork at the weekend?
    No but head to dublin on tues for paddys day, then home till fri with the parents, then got a fsmily shin dig in tipp on sat so this is the one weekend im not about.

BUT...This friday is still on for whiskey hardcoreness. not thursday cos im up at 6am fri for work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ruby723

corkcomp wrote: »
    dont forget mini boards drinks this friday (whiskey was it:D?) stevexo? 440hz? Ruby? im free on Thursday too if thats better for anyone! any other hardcore people free? (hardcore as in whiskey heads, in case kingtut drags the conversation into the gutter :P:pac:)

Thursday is better for me. I got a UCC party at friday.
    Let me know then. I PM u my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I may be able to make it. Not too sure how much work I have to do before Monday...

Big ol' whiskey drinker btw...love me some JD, Jameson and Johnnie Walker. Looking at a bottle of each in my room at the moment...Alco or what:o

Karaoke evening
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    I may be able to make it. Not too sure how much work I have to do before Monday...

Big ol' whiskey drinker btw...love me some JD, Jameson and Johnnie Walker. Looking at a bottle of each in my room at the moment...Alco or what:o

even i dont have whiskey in my room... then again if I did it probably wouldnt last long:o

@ruby - I pm'd you my number there .. Friday is probably better option.. I still have to be up early on Sat but at least it wont be a day in the office:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Karaoke evening
    Tempted to start a new thread with a poll for drinks on the 18th/19th/20th. It's impossible to please all the people - people who can make a Friday might not be able to make a Thursday, etc. I'm thinking put up a poll and go with the most popular date?

Luckily for me I can make all three dates :)

Karaoke evening
    poll is the only job alright.. no matter what night is decided it wont suit everyone

How about this for a craaaazy idea ..... have drinks on both nights!!!! I know, I know, it's pretty radical :)

• Advertisement

Ok so it is looking like a popular month for drinks, seems to me like we should have three of them this month to suit everyone:

1) Friday 12th
    Whiskey Wabblers Whackery Night!
    A night of fun for everyone who likes whiskey and all other fine things in life - I can't go but ask someone who can for details.

2) Friday 19th / Saturday 20th
    Wee weekend Piss Up
    A weekend night of fun for anyone who can make a weekend meetup!! We rarely have weekend meet ups so this will be a nice change!

3) Wednesday 24th
    Kingtut's Birthday bash
    I never usually bother doing anything for my birthday but if you fancy joining me for a pint or two (maybe three) then give me a shout!

If you can go to any of the above let me know!
    Times and venues will be decide closer to the time. If you need my number let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

1) Friday 12th
    A night of fun for everyone who likes whiskey and all other fine things in life - I can't go but ask someone who can for details.

Sorrrrryyyy... I can't make this afterall. I thought I could last weekend but I forgot it's Mother's Day weekend and I have to go home!
    2) Friday 19th / 20th
    Wee weekend Piss Up
    A weekend night of fun for anyone who can make a weekend meetup!! We rarely have weekend meet ups so this will be a nice change!

Can't do this... weekends rarely work for me!
    3) Wednesday 24th
    Kingtut's Birthday bash
    I never usually bother doing anything for my birthday but if you fancy joining me for a pint or two (maybe three) then give me a shout!

I could do this!

Do you see what 440Hz just did? If everyone can follow suit it would make everyone really easy. :) and make me very happy!

1) Friday 12th

I can't make this.

2) Friday 19th / 20th
    Wee weekend Piss Up

I can do this!
    Ok so it is looking like a popular month for drinks, seems to me like we should have three of them this month to suit everyone:

3) Wednesday 24th
    Kingtut's Birthday bash

I can do this!

Karaoke evening

1) Friday 12th

2) Friday 19th / 20th
    Wee weekend Piss Up

3) Wednesday 24th
    Kingtut's Birthday bash

If you can go to any of the above let me know!
    Times and venues will be decide closer to the time. If you need my number let me know.

I can make this Friday:D

I can make either 19/20th (fridays better)

I can make Wed 24th too but only for one or two:P

I can make this Friday:D

I can make either 19/20th (fridays better)

I can make Wed 24th too but only for one or two:P

corkcomp if I am not mistaken you kicked off the idea for whiskey this Friday, with that in mind do you mind being the point of contact? possibly swapping phone numbers with anyone that needs one?

I usually do all that but I'll be in Birmingham :(

Karaoke evening
    corkcomp if I am not mistaken you kicked off the idea for whiskey this Friday, with that in mind do you mind being the point of contact? possibly swapping phone numbers with anyone that needs one?

I usually do all that but I'll be in Birmingham :(

of course - anyone who wants to go for a few drinks this Friday please PM me for a contact number. it wont be that hardcore well we will see how it goes:pac:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kingtut viewpost.gif
    1) Friday 12th

Can do (or Thu)

Quote:
    2) Friday 19th / 20th
    Wee weekend Piss Up

Can do 19th (maybe 20th)

Quote:
    3) Wednesday 24th
    Kingtut's Birthday bash

Can do

Karaoke evening
    @ dwood - pm sent with number. Kingtut will be the contact for the other two meetups

• Advertisement

@ dwood - pm sent with number. Kingtut will be the contact for the other two meetups

coolio, just texted ya so u got my no too.

Advertisement