Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Meetup Madness!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Karaoke evening
    DWood wrote: »
    How about this for a craaaazy idea ..... have drinks on both nights!!!! I know, I know, it's pretty radical :)

I like your thinking but I don't think my *hectic social calender would allow it.

I'll go put up a poll. I'll make it multiple choice and put in a few doubles too....

* read : chronic laziness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have another idea which I'll post.
    corkcomp wrote: »
    Kingtut will be the contact for the other two meetups

Indeed :) looks like the numbers for all 3 events will be good!!

Tell us more about the madness that you have planned for Friday 12th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Karaoke evening
    kingtut wrote: »
    Indeed :) looks like the numbers for all 3 events will be good!!

Tell us more about the madness that you have planned for Friday 12th :)

Just a few (ahemmmm, quiet:D) drinks. Venue open to suggestions but I was thinking either the bailey, classic bar, or old oak ..

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Go to the theatre / comedy show etc..
    Just a few (ahemmmm, quiet:D) drinks. Venue open to suggestions but I was thinking either the bailey, classic bar, or old oak ..
    i thought it was a whiskey crawl!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

1) Friday 12th
    Whiskey Wabblers Whackery Night!
    A night of fun for everyone who likes whiskey and all other fine things in life - I can't go but ask someone who can for details.

cant do this

2) Friday 19th / Saturday 20th
    Wee weekend Piss Up
    A weekend night of fun for anyone who can make a weekend meetup!! We rarely have weekend meet ups so this will be a nice change!

can do this

3) Wednesday 24th
    Kingtut's Birthday bash
    I never usually bother doing anything for my birthday but if you fancy joining me for a pint or two (maybe three) then give me a shout!

can do this

:)

• Advertisement

Karaoke evening
    stevexo wrote: »
    i thought it was a whiskey crawl!

:confused:(it is, I just didnt want to frighten anyone off:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Ok so it is looking like a popular month for drinks, seems to me like we should have three of them this month to suit everyone:

1) Friday 12th
    Whiskey Wabblers Whackery Night!
    A night of fun for everyone who likes whiskey and all other fine things in life - I can't go but ask someone who can for details.
    Technically i can do this except for my complete and utter distaste for whiskey... so count me out! :D
    2) Friday 19th / Saturday 20th
    Wee weekend Piss Up
    A weekend night of fun for anyone who can make a weekend meetup!! We rarely have weekend meet ups so this will be a nice change!
    Count me in for the 19th
    3) Wednesday 24th
    Kingtut's Birthday bash
    I never usually bother doing anything for my birthday but if you fancy joining me for a pint or two (maybe three) then give me a shout!
    And i should most likely be there!! wouldnt want to miss your bday Tutty! :D

whiskey is just alcohol by another name. its not exclusive to whiskey so u can still enjoy nursemar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

Lol, I'm no whiskey fan either, I'm just there for the get-together!

Karaoke evening
    LOL of course the meet up doesnt have to involve whiskey.. for me it will depend on how much stress I have to endure for the rest of today + tomorrow. beer ftw if I want to be still standing after a few hours :D:pac:

• Advertisement

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Technically i can do this except for my complete and utter distaste for whiskey... so count me out! :D

I hate it too! Last time I tried it my face turned into something resembling a gargoyle!! There is a pic of it on facebook somewhere!!
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    wouldnt want to miss your bday Tutty! :D

Thanks nursey :) x
    whiskey is just alcohol by another name. its not exclusive to whiskey so u can still enjoy nursemar

ah no! it is the devil's drink...unless it is turned into Baileys...which I like a lot...:o
    DWood wrote: »
    Lol, I'm no whiskey fan either, I'm just there for the get-together!

Dammit and I won't be there to chew your ear off as the saying goes (I'm no cannibal!)
    LOL of course the meet up doesnt have to involve whiskey.. for me it will depend on how much stress I have to endure for the rest of today + tomorrow. beer ftw if I want to be still standing after a few hours :D:pac:

ahem it is called the whiskey meetup for a reason...I will be extremely unhappy if no whiskey is consumed. I want pics as proof!!

Karaoke evening

ah no! it is the devil's drink...unless it is turned into Baileys...which I like a lot...:o

try whiskey + baileys + kahlua in equal quantities .. only downsides are looking at all those stars afterwards:o:)
    Dammit and I won't be there to chew your ear off as the saying goes (I'm no cannibal!)

we will chew it for you:pac: (not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

whiskey & baileys & kahlua?! hmm, now that's something I might be tempted to try lol

we got any more takers for tonight? meeting up at 7:45 till late

Karaoke evening
    we got any more takers for tonight? meeting up at 7:45 till late

This whiskey crawl, ehemm cocktail night is great!!!

This whiskey crawl, ehemm cocktail night is great!!!

dont worry its whiskey now, and dont be posting on boards when you sre in the jacks...we have to use boards too ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Uhm, I am clearly out of the loop for tonight - gotta work at 5.30 am (don't ask, I feel like I am the closest thing to the Yeti in Cork, right now).

For the 19th/20th...would really love to; I got friends visiting during that week end and really depends on them :)

Kingtut's birthday - definitely yes!

loop schmoop! what u talkin bout willis?

get out here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

When is Tutty's birthday? Mine's on the 18th... ;)

last night was good. me corkcomp and dwood in attendance.
    a good variety of drinks was had...dwood had his whiskey, kaluha and baileys mix.
    started off in classic, then on to long island, then soho and ended up in crane lane where we lost dwood

• Advertisement

Karaoke evening
    last night was good. me corkcomp and dwood in attendance.
    a good variety of drinks was had...dwood had his whiskey, kaluha and baileys mix.
    started off in classic, then on to long island, then soho and ended up in crane lane where we lost dwood

Good night alright! Long island is the job! I can't believe I didn't have a hang over this morning, better not speak too soon though lol

Good night alright! Long island is the job! I can't believe I didn't have a hang over this morning, better not speak too soon though lol
    i did, should have eaten before i went out.
    slept through most of it though, then woke up at half 2, the whole day had gone!

Karaoke evening
    i did, should have eaten before i went out.
    slept through most of it though, then woke up at half 2, the whole day had gone!

i was up by 8.30!!! very bad idea though, cos I am totally f****d now:o:D

How did the whiskey meetup go? Many takers? Prepare yourself for Friday 19th/ Saturday 20th (I'd prefer Friday).
    try whiskey + baileys + kahlua in equal quantities .. only downsides are looking at all those stars afterwards:o:)

we will chew it for you:pac: (not)

think ill stick to baileys for my whiskey fix!!
    colblimp wrote: »
    When is Tutty's birthday? Mine's on the 18th... ;)

Wednesday 24th

Karaoke evening
    Prepare yourself for Friday 19th/ Saturday 20th (I'd prefer Friday).

+1 for Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ruby723

oh, so sorry i missed it and I really prefer dancing though... lol. drinking is evil..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

+1 for Friday
    +1. i can't go if its saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmchealy

Hey all, i'm new to boards.ie, it's great to see lots of social activity in Cork City! I'm not sure how many of you have heard of Macra na Feirme, it's basically an organisation for young people between 17 and 35 who participate in lots of things-drama ,debating, nights out, bowling ,sports, talent competitions)e.g. singing dancing instrumental etc), community involvelment...but the biggest emphasis is on meeting new poeple and havinga bit of craic. There used to be a really active Cork City Macra club around before and I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in getting it going again? I know alot of ye on this page know each other, and i'd love to get your feedback as to whether or not you think it's a good idea? I joined Macra when I moved back home to Cork after living in Dublin and it's a brilliant way to meet people and have a laugh. Look forward to hearing from ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm afraid I'm out...of all dates.

Have to pay the landlord a princely sum on Friday so will be beyond broke.

And don't worry tut, I won't forget your birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

im in for friday!

Advertisement