Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Meetup Madness!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Karaoke evening
    I might be there on Wednesday, it is a birthday celebration afterall :D unlike Dwood, I defo wont be staying the duration this time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have another idea which I'll post.
    Okay I just e-mailed the photos to anyone that gave me their e-mail address.
    DWood wrote: »
    regarding photos, isn't everyone on facebook, would be easier to view the album there no?!

While it would be handy not everyone wants their photos on public view especially when they are from a meetup with people from the internet. That is the same reason as to why I do not post them on boards unless I get permission from the subjects first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Go to the theatre / comedy show etc..
    kingtut wrote: »
    While it would be handy not everyone wants their photos on public view especially when they are from a meetup with people from the internet. That is the same reason as to why I do not post them on boards unless I get permission from the subjects first.

The subjects haha...bit over the top there I think tut :p
    Also, I don't get why people are embarrassed by meeting people from the "internet", you'd swear we were from a different planet!

We should then just create a Cork City outings facebook fan page and only allow members that come to it into it and put them up there?

Karaoke evening
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Also, I don't get why people are embarrassed by meeting people from the "internet", you'd swear we were from a different planet!

We should then just create a Cork City outings facebook fan page and only allow members that come to it into it and put them up there?

LOL KINGtut .... SUBJECTS.. :confused::pac:

good idea

corkcomp wrote: »
    LOL KINGtut .... SUBJECTS.. :confused::pac:

Not at all over the top. To my knowledge anything you take a photo of is called a subject. :confused: A person, tree, animal etc...

People are not embararressed at all, if they were they would not go to the meetups however having your photo all over the net is a bit different.

Great idea! I'll set one up seeing as I am the one with the camera usually lol. I won't start putting pics and stuff up though until I get a few more peoples opinions on it...if needs be it can just fade away and die :)

• Advertisement

Ok so I have set up a facebook group called "Cork City Outings", thanks to Webmonkey for the idea!! It is a great one.

Search for it in facebook and you will find it. It is a private group so you will only get access if you have been to a meetup.

After a while we can start adding our photos there as long as no-one objects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

Why does everyone think having photos on facebook, is splashing them "in public"?! You can make the persmissions for friends only, or even specific people, so they're just as "public" as having an album in your house!

Having them on the board would be public true, but not facebook.

Rant over :)

Why does everyone think having photos on facebook, is splashing them "in public"?! You can make the persmissions for friends only, or even specific people, so they're just as "public" as having an album in your house!

Having them on the board would be public true, but not facebook.

Rant over :)

The minute you put a photo on the internet it is available for anyone to see.

Making it private only makes it a little bit harder for people to see, as someone who works with computers all day I can tell you that private very rarely means private.

Karaoke evening
    agreed re privacy of material on the internet, but I guess profile protected facebook / bebo etc offers enough protection for most people (except those on the run or something:D) posting pics on boards would be different though, as absolutely anyone could view them

The minute you put a photo on the internet it is available for anyone to see.

That is such an un-techie thing to say, you sound like a sensationalist tabloid writer. You also make it sound like the photos all show people having a private orgie or something, as far as I remember we were in public spots viewable by the general public.

• Advertisement

Karaoke evening
    You also make it sound like the photos all show people having a private orgie or something

well, we hadn't intended telling you, but ..... things did turn interesting after you left :D:P:pac:

That is such an un-techie thing to say, you sound like a sensationalist tabloid writer. You also make it sound like the photos all show people having a private orgie or something, as far as I remember we were in public spots viewable by the general public.

You didn't see the photos from the Long Island after you left I take it ;):p...it was wild!

OK back to the meetup on Wednesday 24th, the following people are hoping to be there!

Ainu
    Webmonkey
    DWood
    corkcomp
    440Hz
    nursemar88
    kingtut

Anyone else? Time will be around 8ish, venue to be decided!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

me. but i wont be out late as im up at 6am on thurs :(

Karaoke evening
    stevexo wrote: »
    me. but i wont be out late as im up at 6am on thurs :(

same! im off Friday thought and only working until lunch time on thursday ... it would all be good aside from those five hours thursday am:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

OK back to the meetup on Wednesday 24th, the following people are hoping to be there!

Ainu
    Webmonkey
    DWood
    corkcomp
    440Hz
    nursemar88
    kingtut

Im working until 12 so Im out for this one! :(

Karaoke evening
    Im working until 12 so Im out for this one! :(

awhhhh.. if it wasnt a week night, id say thats no excuse :D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Ainu
    Webmonkey
    DWood
    corkcomp
    440Hz
    nursemar88
    kingtut

I'm a maybe, would need someone's phone number as I'm working till 10 that night & you may have moved on by then. so if anyone wants to volunteer their number could you pm it to me please.

corkcomp wrote: »
    awhhhh.. if it wasnt a week night, id say thats no excuse :D:P

I know :P im working early thursday too so Im going to have to be boring this time! :( where ye headed?

Karaoke evening
    I know :P im working early thursday too so Im going to have to be boring this time! :( where ye headed?

dunno yet, I suppose seeing as its Kingtuts Birthday drinks we will have to let him decide:eek::pac:

• Advertisement

I'll try my best to go but it won't be a crazy night if do. Depends how expensive tonight will be for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johnnymusic

Handball ;)
    A big thank you to you all. It was nice to meet you all in Soho last Friday night I am glad Ruby dragged me along.. I have joined up and am now a boardie... look forward to talking to you all JohnnyMusic

Handball ;)
    Ruby and I are at a function at work but may pop along afterwards.. Johnny Music

A big thank you to you all. It was nice to meet you all in Soho last Friday night I am glad Ruby dragged me along.. I have joined up and am now a boardie... look forward to talking to you all JohnnyMusic
    Welcome to Boards :pac: - there's no going back :p

Handball ;)
    i guess this means I am not going to get much work done for a while.

PS how crap was the music in the long island on Friday?

Karaoke evening

its always the same:(

i guess this means I am not going to get much work done for a while.

I dont iv ever heard someone say they like that music , just sounds like the same song on repeat for 5 hours! :O

Karaoke evening
    I dont iv ever heard someone say they like that music , just sounds like the same song on repeat for 5 hours! :O

the second last night we were in there the DJ was outside smoking for most of the night!

Oh be quiet you old traditional fogies, it's called dance music, it's quite popular in the civilised world, I'll admit it's not music you'd drink a pint too, but then it's long island, you shouldn't be drinking pints anyway.

• Advertisement

Handball ;)
    Actually. I would not call it dance music that generally requires people to dance.
    Dance Music examples
    Prodigy
    Armand Van Helden
    Basment Jaxx
    Fatboy Slim
    all very acceptable examples of good dance music

music last friday night repetitive non-linear structureless music with a 130bpm with no variation,no vocals and no soul..... whos an old fogie now ha? :-)

Advertisement