Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Meetup Madness!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Go to the theatre / comedy show etc..
    lols

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I have another idea which I'll post.
    DWood wrote: »
    Oh be quiet you old traditional fogies, it's called dance music, it's quite popular in the civilised world, I'll admit it's not music you'd drink a pint too, but then it's long island, you shouldn't be drinking pints anyway.

I like dance/trance/house music, the DJ's in the Long island are notoriously bad tho! I also dont drink pints!:P

corkcomp wrote: »
    the second last night we were in there the DJ was outside smoking for most of the night!

Why am I not surprised? Probably had a cd on reply for the night! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

Dance Music examples
    Prodigy
    Armand Van Helden
    Basment Jaxx
    Fatboy Slim
    all very acceptable examples of good dance music
    :-)

Hehe, well they're all example of chart dance music sure, Basement Jaxx are particular favourites of mine ... BUT you won't hear any of their songs (and that's the operative word) being played in dance clubs, unless they're remixes, so I stand by my comment. Fatboy slim and Prodigy are great for pint drinkers ;)

I'm not defending the Long Island DJ, he's not very good, but I'm defending the style of music played, most old fogies describe modern dance music as repetitive crap, no matter how much "variation" or "soul" or "vocals" there are.

Hehe, well they're all example of chart dance music sure, Basement Jaxx are particular favourites of mine ... BUT you won't hear any of their songs (and that's the operative word) being played in dance clubs, unless they're remixes, so I stand by my comment. Fatboy slim and Prodigy are great for pint drinkers ;)

I'm not defending the Long Island DJ, he's not very good, but I'm defending the style of music played, most old fogies describe modern dance music as repetitive crap, no matter how much "variation" or "soul" or "vocals" there are.

Trust me im very into music, have studied it in college and just because I think most of it is ''repetitive crap'' doesnt make me an old fogie! :rolleyes: And anyway I said i like that music, not in the long island tho as the DJ is usually fairly rubbish :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

fight fight fight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Webmonkey wrote: »
    fight fight fight :p
    my thoughts exactly!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

its always the same:(

the dj plays it off his mp3 player while fooling everyone into thinking he is affecting the music by twiddling his knobs

Sorry guys, I'm a lover not a fighter :p

In any case, I'm an old raver, and that music really was repetitive, but great nevertheless coz of its simplicity. 130bpm would've been considered slow lol Just got tired of the UK govt trying to ban places that play "repetitive" music. Got everything is repetitive if you look at it at the right angle. ;)

Sorry guys, I'm a lover not a fighter :p

In any case, I'm an old raver, and that music really was repetitive, but great nevertheless coz of its simplicity. 130bpm would've been considered slow lol Just got tired of the UK govt trying to ban places that play "repetitive" music. Got everything is repetitive if you look at it at the right angle. ;)

true. so whats the venue for wednesday? anyone got ideas before kingtut says soho? we should change the title of this thread to: soho meetup madness

• Advertisement

stevexo wrote: »
    true. so whats the venue for wednesday? anyone got ideas before kingtut says soho? we should change the title of this thread to: soho meetup madness
    well it is his birthday so i think he should be the one that decides the venue IMO. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Karaoke evening
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    well it is his birthday so i think he should be the one that decides the venue IMO. :)

flight, fight, fight . round two:pac:

@stevexo, yeah thats what he was doing the last night, playing with knobs, but it didnt do anything to change the monotonous tones:rolleyes:

oh yeah?!?! well...well...i got nothing

the dj plays it off his mp3 player while fooling everyone into thinking he is affecting the music by twiddling his knobs
    flight, fight, fight . round two:pac:

@stevexo, yeah thats what he was doing the last night, playing with knobs, but it didnt do anything to change the monotonous tones:rolleyes:
    Am i the only child here that is laughing at the idea of the dj twiddling/playing with knobs!!! :D:D:D and you'll get no fight out of me i'm afraid... too fecking tired for that!
    oh yeah?!?! well...well...i got nothing
    well as i said thats only my opinion... either way what ever is decided i'm still gonna turn up like! :) and yes corkcomp i did say 'like'! :D

Karaoke evening
    Am i the only child here that is laughing at the idea of the dj twiddling/playing with knobs!!!

LMAO:D
    turn up like! :) and yes corkcomp i did say 'like'! :D

ah your a Cork girl at heart :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Karaoke evening
    kingtut wrote: »
    Anyone else? Time will be around 8ish, venue to be decided!!

Have a poker game every Wednesday so can't make it. Happy birthday though.

OT - I haven't been in the Long Island for a while but wouldn't you be kicked out if you were dancing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bikramyogacork

Hi guys I'm a newbie would like to tag alone on we'd night. So count me in if that's cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Have an interest in this. Will know closer to the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

OK so for the meetup on Wednesday 24th, the following people are hoping to at kingtut's birthday excuse for beers!

Ainu
    Webmonkey
    DWood
    corkcomp
    440Hz
    nursemar88
    kingtut
    stevexo
    corkcomp
    mudokon
    Webmonkey
    bikramyogacork
    ReacherCreature

Anyone else? Time will be around 8ish, venue to be decided!!
    Anyone object to Soho The Crane Lane as a starting point?

If you need a contact number send me a pm!
    Im working until 12 so Im out for this one! :(

Thanks a shame, thanks anyway though! I'll get you a drink next time :)
    dunno yet, I suppose seeing as its Kingtuts Birthday drinks we will have to let him decide:eek::pac:

Since when do people listen to me :eek:
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'll try my best to go but it won't be a crazy night if do. Depends how expensive tonight will be for me :(

I think most people are in the same situation, including myself :(
    I am going to be like Cinderella and try and do a runner at midnight...ish!

cheeky fecker, you are young so I'll let you away with it... this time!

Thanks nursey :) any suggestions?
    Am i the only child here that is laughing at the idea of the dj twiddling/playing with knobs!!! :D:D:D

:o
    well as i said thats only my opinion... either way what ever is decided i'm still gonna turn up like! :)

Thanks!
    Have a poker game every Wednesday so can't make it. Happy birthday though.

Thanks!

Karaoke evening
    AFAIK there will be only one corkcomp there, but one is more than enough :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Feck it, I might as well pop in for one or two. The crane lane is up by the post office right?

Crane Lane's my favourite ... not been on a school night though!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

webmonkey is down twice @kingtut

Karaoke evening

ah I hadnt even spotted that.

@kingtut are you trying to make the list look inflated or what :confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Shhhh, he is padding the list to make it look busier!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I'll be in the party, only I am working until 22.30 as always, so I'll be joining late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

OK so for kingtut's birthday meetup on Wednesday 24th in the Crane Lane at 8pm we will have the following people:

Ainu
    DWood
    440Hz
    nursemar88
    kingtut
    stevexo
    corkcomp
    mudokon
    Webmonkey
    bikramyogacork
    ReacherCreature
    oeb
    H3llR4iser

Anyone else? PM me if you need a number. Thanks!
    oeb wrote: »
    Feck it, I might as well pop in for one or two. The crane lane is up by the post office right?

Correct! and thanks!

oops thanks! :o
    ah I hadnt even spotted that.

@kingtut are you trying to make the list look inflated or what :confused::pac:

no comment....:o
    oeb wrote: »
    Shhhh, he is padding the list to make it look busier!

shhh don't tell them! :o
    H3llR4iser wrote: »
    I'll be in the party, only I am working until 22.30 as always, so I'll be joining late :(

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

kingtut wrote: »
    OK so for kingtut's birthday meetup on Wednesday 24th in the Crane Lane at 8pm we will have the following people:

Ainu
    DWood
    440Hz
    nursemar88
    kingtut
    stevexo
    corkcomp
    mudokon
    Webmonkey
    bikramyogacork
    ReacherCreature
    oeb
    H3llR4iser

Slow down there kingtut. I don't think I can make it this time, next time I'll try. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Slow down there kingtut. I don't think I can make it this time, next time I'll try. :)

Give him a break he's getting all excited. :D

Kingtut, I'll pm you for your number as I wont make it in until after 10. Damn work. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johnnymusic

Handball ;)
    ruby and i may be along after 10ish....

Advertisement