Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundup now- how soon to plant?

Options
  • 27-02-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi
    I need to extend my veg patch, but due to a back injury I've been unable to do it yet.
    I can't lift the turf manually as I've done previously, so if I roundup the lawn, how soon can I dig it over and plant?
    I was hoping to roundup this week, then dig over in two weeks time ready to plant my seed potatoes. They should be chitted by them.

Any advice and ideas.

Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Chatterboxmoira

Anyone??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 wildlandscape

Wait between two and three weeks before you dig over and plant. The herbicide will have killed the lawn in roughly two weeks. (Providing you sprayed under dry windless conditions). You should be able to rake away the dead grass there after and work your soil as per usual. The active ingredient in the herbicide will have leached away by then too so the soil will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Chatterboxmoira

Thanks wildlandscape. That's what I'll do.

Advertisement