Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers Allowance- Dole Inspector

Options
  • 27-02-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

:)Hope someone can help me

I am on job seekers Benefit and my stamps will be running out in two months time. I am going to apply for job seekers allowance. I realise it will be means tested. I live in my sisters house at the moment and give her a small amount of money for rent ( I dont claim rent allowance). My question is will the dole inspector want financial details from my sister i.e. salary etc. in some way of accessing my means for JSA.

My second question is I'm applying for the back to work enterprise scheme for the self employed as I am starting a online business. I saying I have €25k in saving for the business. Will this affect the amount I get on my JSA eventhough it is needed to get the business up and running..

Any advise is greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

lotusm wrote: »
    Any advise is greatly appreciated...

Hi Joe and welcome to Boards.ie.

Could I ask how you ended up posting a question on Job Seekers Allowance in the Boards.ie Helpdesk? The idea of this part of Boards.ie is to help out users that are having password problems, or other Boards.ie related problems.

The area you are probably looking for is State Benefits.

Advertisement