Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hookah

Options
  • 27-02-2010 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone favour the odd Hookah now and then? I really enjoy one after a heavy night out or a way of relaxing for a slow day. Very social way of smoking too. My favourite flavour would be lemon mint.
    Also I heard there was a place in Dublin i could go to smoke one. Don't know if it's still open. Was called the tea gardens and was Ormond quay. Anybody know if its still operation?
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

A friend of mine has one and i love it. Love going to hers for a session and then chilling with the hookah late into the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Never tried one but they look deadly.
    Where would you get tobacco or whatever for it though?
    Have to go online I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lillykay

yup tea garden on the quays is still open was in there myself the other day!! lovely place, v different... kinda lie a beach shack in thailand inside.
    go downstairs to enter, then upstairs for the nicestb place. tobacco free shisha to comply with smoking reg, apple yum:):cool::p:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

A friend on holiday tried it and said it was lovely i think there was a mint mix in it..

me I don't know much about it, but it sounds interesting.

Whats the mix is there a tobacco used.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

As far as I know there is no tabacco in it. You can buy coals for your hookah in headshops like nirvana etc.
    It's a nice way to spend the afternoon. Something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I have a medium sized Sheesha pipe and it's one of my best buys!!

I bought it on holidays but you can buy them in most head shops (in Cork anyway) or online I guess.

I have tobacco free molasses or something.. It's so soothing!! I have nearly every fruit tobacco from apple to passion fruit, coffee, coconut, coca cola and mint. Yum yum yum!!!

I can't believe ye have a tea place up in Dublin for this, I don't think we have anything like that in Cork... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

does anyone know some good websites for buying good shisha for cheap?

some of the types that im looking for are fantasia, nahkla and al fakher

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

brmccfc wrote: »
    does anyone know some good websites for buying good shisha for cheap?

some of the types that im looking for are fantasia, nahkla and al fakher

You more or less have to buy it from the US or Tunisia now and risk customs. The UK has clamped down on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i own 3, alothough one is missing a piece, so its never been used. got turned onto it when i was in the US at a restaraunt that served hookahs as you ate. some good flavour/filter combos i've tried:

strawberry/milk
    strawberry-apple mix/pear kopperberg cider
    vanilla/coke

its been ages since i broke out the hookah....maybe its time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Was in the Tea Garden last year, too me smoking tobacco less product ain't the same (also found it burned the back of the throat more),
    The asian shop on Mary street sometimes sells hooka stuff for a lot cheaper than the headshops (though this information could be out of date too cos when i was buying charcoals and stuff there was a few less head shops)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mate has one. Think he got it in Turkey. Where in Dublin can you buy the stuff? I'm taking it Asha?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

I'm looking to buy a hookah and I've found a nice one which is a bit different from the norm but I'd like if someone could tell me whether the shape of the brass part would make somking it more difficult? I've only ever used the normal looking ones. http://cgi.ebay.ie/20-SHEESHA-HOOKAH-SHISHA-NARGILA-PIPE-COAL-GIFT-UK-/120509863297?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item1c0ef29581

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aurasbaby

Hallo
    i just arrived to ireland , cork to be specific , and i m looking for shisha bar or lounge here in cork .
    does anyone know . it will be really great if any one help.
    thanks in advance

Advertisement