Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacteria infection in 6 month old kitten

Options
  • 27-02-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

:confused::confused:What causes this? it all started with very persistent cat flu which about 3 courses of antibiotics couldn't shake properly:confused:

Typo noted!!!! Very sorry people! no need to point it out! Maybe a mod could fix it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Title fixed.
    If someone pm'd you to point out the spelling mistake in a non nice way - please forward that pm to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

nobody did(at least i hope not:D) but got crucified before over a spelling mistake:rolleyes:... thought i'd save them the time..

Ah no worries so :)
    We all make mistakes anyway so don't worry about it.

I assume you've been to the vet numerous times at this point? Have they been unable to shed any light on it?

actually its my sisters kitten and i have the brother who is fine. But yes she has been to the vet many times and now the cat is in until monday:confused: so i cant help but wonder what brought this on, she was only at the vet a month ago and then again a few weeks before..
    Was just wondering if anyone else had a cat with this

Ah ok :( poor kitten, hopefully someone else will have gone through something similar and can give advice. At least she's in the best place for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Sammi503

Our current kitten (about 12 weeks old now) was the same. We got her off a friend's farm as an emaciated feral kitten with cat flu complete with gummed up eyes, sneezing fits, and a horrible cough. After we took her to the vet we found out she also has a bacterial infection in her lungs as a result of the cat flu so they gave her an antibiotic that lasts about 2 weeks in her system. It makes sense if the immune system is busy fighting the flu it doesn't have time to attack a bacterial infection as well! And most flus don't respond to antibiotics because they're viral so unless the vet gave the kitten antiviral meds those 3 courses would have no effect. It's been about a month since our kitten was taken in for the bacterial infection and she still has quite a juicy cough. You can try taking her in the bathroom while you shower (it's kind of like when you have a cold and your chest is clogged, the steam helps). It's what we've been doing with ours and it's really clearing up her chest! Hope that helps!

Thanks! this cat is now going on human antibiotics after being on a drip all weekend! Hopefully this time it will clear completely

Advertisement