Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Basesless Lie Discussion Thread -Here we go again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Deki wrote: »
    Well they say it's the thought that counts du :p;)

I once tried to count to a million,some thoughtless person stopped me just before i finished!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

ynotdu wrote: »
    I once tried to count to a million,some thoughtless person stopped me just before i finished!:)
    Shame on them!:eek: Did you start right back up again?:p

Shame on them!:eek: Did you start right back up again?:p

actually yes i was nearly there until my new email beeper went off from your message Deks,thanks a bunch!:(

Oh well. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    ONE MILLION!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

:rolleyes:ah well should kept on counting and ignored me.:D

:rolleyes:ah well should kept on counting and ignored me.:D

OUCH! (dont worry i got it! LOL)

(:phugs du) LOL couldn't resist :o

(:phugs du) LOL couldn't resist :o

MWAH mwah mwah (hugs Deki)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

A Rubik cube can be popped open with a knife blade
    the pieces can be snapped back together in order

Matt Holck wrote: »
    A Rubik cube can be popped open with a knife blade
    the pieces can be snapped back together in order
    Works with a fingernail file too, but lacks satisfaction.

• Advertisement

ynotdu wrote: »
    MWAH mwah mwah (hugs Deki)
    Mwah_Sparkle.gif

Matt Holck wrote: »

Matt I can complete one in 27 seconds but it always looks disappointed

I can't-;) but I can throw one pretty good...

I can't-;) but I can throw one pretty good...

OUCH! again,{Du trys to explain a multicolored bruise to doctor without implicating Deki's firing off a Rubik Cube,that she could not complete,(a woman ya know:p:p:p) love your animated stuff on threads,even the wagging finger on the other one!:D

• Advertisement

I wouldn't really hurt ya with a rubiks cube- well not much.;) Ya know being a woman an' all.:p

(i think i'm addicted to those little picture things:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

:eek:

deki did ya really

now back to our thread and forum issues

CDfm wrote: »
    The tone of the baseless lie was set fairly early on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60635992&postcount=9

Dada my *****.

If you like your humour Derek & Clive (Dudley Moore & Peter Cook) , Skinner & Baddiel and even Enfield and Whitehouse.Then you are in the zone.

If you are into intellectualising it and find Vladimir in Waiting for Godot an absolute hoot and laugh when he produces the carrot then this type of humour is not for you.

The Baseless Lie Thread has nothing to do with the Theatre of the Absurd and I dont think Beckett was a bounder for naming a play after a protagonist that never appears. I found it boring.

The humour of the Music Hall , Working Mans Clubs and Seaside Postcards may be old fashioned but it works. If you dont get the spontaneity of the thread and the trains of thought and characters people have within the thread then you are thinking far too deeply.

There is a bit of Wrestling thrown in too where you have Babyfaces and Heels.

Some of it is insult based but that is the genre.

Dont you think if you are planning to change the focus of the forum into a Dadaist, Surreal and whatever style forum that you should inform the users and let them decide if its worth the effort carrying on here or whether they should find a home somewhere else. Maybe its an invitation for us to migrate like the swallows.

The TCN is not mainstream and not for everybody. No one minds co-existing as we were happily doing before Sarky became mod and with no hassles but the users must want the change and not have it forced on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

ok me not around much lately, life has got in the way ........ but what happened now!!!!

We are not being surreal enough and dadaist enough apparently.

Translate as same sh1t different day

sarky has said he will discuss it in a day or so

so we are Waiting for Sarky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Sarky brokeded it.

• Advertisement

thats right staker

so anally retentive kindergarden yob has bought a book on how to restore order in the classroom

Me thinks he was only having a bad day!!!
    Maybe the smell of drink had gone to his head again, Ah he a poor little muppet really, maybe he should write a book on the humour that he finds funny!

Maybe he finds the sex thing disgusting too.

Drunken moding -never thought of that

It'd be a pity to see it moved, I think it's a pillar of TCN at this stage.
    I've never taken insult in there(ye're useless:p:p) and I'm sure everybody else is the same.
    This place is for silly, what defines that?
    If there have been complaints, then just put up a warning on the godamn thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dont you think if you are planning to change the focus of the forum into a Dadaist, Surreal and whatever style forum that you should inform the users and let them decide if its worth the effort carrying on here or whether they should find a home somewhere else. Maybe its an invitation for us to migrate like the swallows.

Actually we aren't changing the focus, when The Glorious Leader left boards the nest went into decline and so A Glorious Dicatory was installed to return it to how it is meant to be.
    The TCN is not mainstream and not for everybody.

I completely agree it's not for everyone and that it's turned in places into a often pointless drivel spam fest is galling.
    No one minds co-existing as we were happily doing before Sarky became mod and with no hassles but the users must want the change and not have it forced on us.

The thread became an insult thread that is the remit of the dome not the nest, hardly Sarky's fault that posters don't see to have the cop on to post in a manner which means the thread stays open.

But enough of this my custard bath with extra added squid is growing warm.

staker wrote: »
    I've never taken insult in there(ye're useless:p:p) and I'm sure everybody else is the same.

There have been complaints, there have been several warnings and locking of the thread and it being moved to the 'Dome and moved back and locked again.
    Really what do people want for Sarky to come around to their house and brand the warning on to their chest?

staker there were no complaints - just people not being compliant enough

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There have been complaints, there have been several warnings and locking of the thread and it being moved to the 'Dome and moved back and locked again.
    Really what do people want for Sarky to come around to their house and brand the warning on to their chest?

if there are complaints discuss them openly

is it complaints like protestors at mcdonalds and the dome move was a tantrum and was done without the dome mods knowledge

ffs thaed this is TCN - alternative and indie not tll

if people want a clever dadaist forum set one up

dont try to impose it where the users are already happy with what theyve got

It's a joke at this stage, if there were no complaints then it's blatant bullnosing on Sarky's part, if there were then flag the fuppin thread.

Cdfm I know what TCN is I was posting here long before you joined boards and long before tLL forum was set up.
    My first post in this forum was 2005 :P

• Advertisement

so thaed its the here and now not was there years ago

you said it yourself elsewhere

boards used to be all techies etc but it no longer is

you cant go back to the old days as they are over -you have to deal with now

what you are talking about is nostalgia

Cool, its great to see the old ones coming back again!!!

joes girls wrote: »

Hopefully more will return.

really old too -has been posting since 2005

this is a Star Trek moment

staker wrote: »

A warning added to the very first post of the thread.
    From now on there will be no personal abuse. There will be no abuse of the tags. There most certainly will be no complaining about this warning, which is the last I will ever make on this thread. You had three warnings previous to this. THREE. And they were ignored. If this one is ignored by anyone, this thread gets locked and it will not be coming back.
    Last edited by Sarky; 25-01-2010 at 18:08. Reason: Adding the warning to post #1

Not that kind Thaedydal

so you want to make it attractive to people who posted years ago but left and moved on

we have the same problem except our bunch of people who are here now are being forced out

dont the likes of cicero have a say

i think you want a politically correct tcn
    A warning added to the very first post of the thread.

it looks like this issue is about a mod imposing his will.

its classic schoolteacher psychology

Lets ask Harry -always good in a crisis

i think you want a politically correct tcn

Can't breath..........laughing too hard..........tears in my eyes.......

• Advertisement

Me hopes so, the more that come back or stay and the buzz that was here might come back with them:)

Can't breath..........laughing too hard..........tears in my eyes.......

a thaed you do have a sense of humour but you dont find farts funny

oh god guys ye are forcing me into an opinion again, and last time i had one nearly everyone fell out with me........ dont do it ....... i can feel it coming, it might not be good!!!

oh god guys ye are forcing me into an opinion again, and last time i had one nearly everyone fell out with me........ dont do it ....... i can feel it coming, it might not be good!!!

dont say anything about someone getting a girl to fight for them cos that would be just mean

dont say anything about someone getting a girl to fight for them cos that would be just mean

:rolleyes:

Girls fight better, you should know that!!!

• Advertisement

Girls fight better, you should know that!!!

JGs you can fight for me anytime ;)

Me hopes so, the more that come back or stay and the buzz that was here might come back with them:)

So someone has this aghenda of changing the forum back to what it was in 2005 or how they think it should be

they want to get people who either posted back then or who are like them

then you have the users who are posting now who are getting sidelined in a forum that we kept going.

so we want our buzz back and they want a retro vibe with Vladimir and his Dadaist Carrot

hardly seems fair that it would have to be all one or the other.

Ah Deki - you are dealing with Nietschean's for whom the forum is a social construct.In the Dialectic of Enlightenment we are challenging the status quo.

So a question such as why doesnt Cicero post here any more is anarchiac and cannot be explained away by the Freudo-Markist theories that form part of this polemic.

Do you follow now :p

Deki I don't think it needs to be, I do think that people need to stop breaking the site rules
    before the admin decide this forum is more trouble then it's worth.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement