Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Basesless Lie Discussion Thread -Here we go again

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

But Thaed - the site rules also apply to the Dome and admin allow that to continue.

And our Admin had no probs with Baseless lie being reinstated here from the Dome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Who broke site rules???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

usually when someone breaks site rules are they not banned?

Deki wrote: »
    usually when someone breaks site rules are they not banned?

and the rules are interpreted with reference to the forum and its culture and practice.

not by people who want a forum to be like it was in 2005 and want to prune it back to that- thats a totally different agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

Thaedydal wrote: »
    A warning added to the very first post of the thread.
    From now on there will be no personal abuse. There will be no abuse of the tags. There most certainly will be no complaining about this warning, which is the last I will ever make on this thread. You had three warnings previous to this. THREE. And they were ignored. If this one is ignored by anyone, this thread gets locked and it will not be coming back.
    Last edited by Sarky; 25-01-2010 at 18:08. Reason: Adding the warning to post #1

Some forums keep the original post at the top of every page
    This is a useful guild to keep the thread on Topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

CDfm wrote: »
    and the rules are interpreted with reference to the forum and its culture and practice.
    To a point.

Which site rule? the one about posting in the right place, insults and gross bawdy behaviour are for the 'Dome. Is it that some people are too delicate for the 'Dome and want to play those games here instead?
    CDfm wrote: »
    not by people who want a forum to be like it was in 2005 and want to prune it back to that- thats a totally different agenda.

You are go good at reading only what you want.
    Sarky has never said he wants it to be 2005 nor have I, I did say I started posting here in 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

I'm not surprise in the baseless lie became an insulting thread that offended people.

But I can't recall being offended by CDfm who seemed to be a regular on that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Sarky has said that he is trying to bring the nest back to what it once was!!!!
    but i think it's doing ok as it is ......

Thaedydal wrote: »
    To a point.

Which site rule? the one about posting in the right place, insults and gross bawdy behaviour are for the 'Dome. Is it that some people are too delicate for the 'Dome and want to play those games here instead?

Maybe but the Dome crosses lots of lines and you wouldnt call it girl friendly.

You are go good at reading only what you want.
    Sarky has never said he wants it to be 2005 nor have I, I did say I started posting here in 2005

But what you have said is you want to change a posting style and culture that has evolved over time.

So if the direction of the forum is being changed then open it for discussion. We are not mindreaders here - except for Matt who is reincarnated from some Buddha or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

CDfm, it might surprise you to know that I don't really mind your egotistical holier-than-thou attitude. I'm not terribly concerned about the personal abuse you posted either (although I dare say most other moderators would have banned you for it). I even find amusing the posts here and there where you were fighting for the baseless lie thread to be moved back for the poor defenceless women (very gallant, by the way, I'm sure everyone with breasts will start flirting with you now, you big internet stud you).

But don't lie. I've gotten several complaints about that thread, I've made several warnings ON that thread, and let's not forget how you agreed in Help Desk that everyone would be happy for me to have the thread brought back and reopened as long as those warnings (which are completely unmissable) were heeded. Remember how you agreed to that? When we communicated about the issue you felt you had? Never mind you didn't actually come to me about it in the first place like you were supposed to, anyone who doesn't bother reading the rules of the site would make THAT mistake. Oh, and remember how you stated people had been banned over it when that was in fact a complete fabrication on your part?

Continue whining and insulting me all you like, I'm a big boy and I can take anything you could possibly try to fling my way (internet persona, lol). But if you keep presenting false statements as fact, my patience WILL run out. I've given you and the one or two others like you a lot of leeway in the past for things that would have earned you a ban on almost any other forum. I've really had enough of that.

This thread is over., get back to being silly everyone. If anyone has an issue about TCN they can PM me. Remember to read the charter first, because half the whining in here doesn't seem to take a word of the charter into account.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement