Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things to do in killucan??

• 27-02-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

hi, im wondering is there anything in killucan apart from 2 shops, a hardware and a chipper?? i am thinking of buying a house there and was just curious about life in the area. is it a good place?is there much for kids to do? mother and baby groups??

all help appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 EoinC010

To be honest, theres not that much to do there, as you said it is a pretty small place... 2 shops, 2 Old Folks homes, a chipper, 2 pubs, a hardware place, some wood mill or something and a mechanics, and I think thats about it! What it does have is a very good community spirit. I'm not actually from there, so this is an outsiders perspective. First of all for the young lads you have the GAA club, which trust me gets very competitive and through that you'll meet a lot of people. Just outside the village theres a community centre which always has something going on, that might be better for the adults, or teens maybe...

You also have Mullingar which is a bustling town just up the road, which is jammed full of shops, schools, sports clubs, etc...

Advertisement