Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying coal and Briquettes

Options
  • 27-02-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Im new to this so im not sure is this the right thread but im looking into starting up a fuel merchant business and looking for a supplier of a large amount of coal and briquettes, does any one know a good place to buy wholesale??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bord na Mona Fuels division?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

i tried board na mona but they seemed pretty expensive at 12.50 per bag of coal ex yard and 3.10 per bale of briquettes ex yard, i just thought there might be another supplier willing to deal for a large quantity

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

probably not the place to discuss this but you need to find international distributors, if buying from BNM you need to be ordering large qtys

A lot of the guys who are in this game are going direct to pits in Poland etc and ordering shipments and then bagging themselves. As for briquetts it's BNM or other enviromental products, such as saw dist or woodpulp again best off looking at somewhere up in the nordics if BNM are too rich, sorry no quick and easy answers, I think you'll just have to jump in, on the bright side you got 6-8 months to figure it out before the next big season starts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

sorry for resurrecting this old thread but Im thinking of starting a fuel merchant business this winter,next week or so.

Did you have any luck locating a supplier?Been looking at a few but all very expensive.

Advertisement