Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want a new series to watch

Options
  • 27-02-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭

been looking for a bit for a new anime along the line of beck, nana, paradise kiss ,peach girl, and lovely complex.

preferable a bit serious but not even a little bit close to school days, so no murder/suicides.

thanks for any help as most of this type tend to be short so i've seen a lot of it by now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Burkie.EXE

How about Baccano?
    It's like a serious FMA that's a bit more confusing but once you get a hang of the story it's absolutely amazing. It is short though, only 13 episodes and 3 OVAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Varik wrote: »
    so no murder/suicides.
    Burkie.EXE wrote: »
    How about Baccano?

Oh Burkie, you joker you. Yeah, Baccanno, as good as it is, is full of murder and dismemberment.

Since it seems you're looking to go down the romance route, I'm going to suggest Clannad. This series was a turning point for me. I gravitate more to the violence/seinen end of anime, but when I saw this, I was surprised that I was actually loving it. I still maintain that Clannad is one of the best shows I've ever seen, It's a wonderful, surreal romance story and it gets pretty damn serious in Clannad ~ After Story. You can do no wrong even giving it a shot at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Try Niea_7. Its short, only about 10 episodes if memory serves.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Itazura na Kiss!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Black Heaven
    Detroit Metal City
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Genshiken
    Kare Kano
    Spice and Wolf
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Seto no Hanayome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

thanks for the suggestion i'm giving Niea_7 and Black Heaven a look, i seen the rest and probably should have mentioned them at the start.

i gave a bit of a bad idea of what i was looking for, i wanted shows either along the lines of beck and nana or alternately an interesting show where noting of importance happens like minami-ke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Toradora! Its maybe cuter then you'd want but i liked it and i enjoyed some of the anime you listed.
    http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/toradora-episode-1-english-dubbed-online-free

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

gearoidof wrote: »

That list is wack. Clannad in Comedy/Slapstick? Haibane Renmei in Psychological?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

It's also incomplete. There's a handful of must-see stuff missing from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

That must be a troll list. The Mecha list is awful, Gundam and Macross do not dominate the genre that much. No Recommendations for the original Gundam(movies) either, but Gundam SEED? Eureka 7? No oldschool style Super Robot shows either? No Maningzer/Mazinkeiser? Man. Nearly all of those shows have gotten "modern" remakes that are more than appealing to fans of GL and Diebuster. It seems pointless only having GL and Diebuster on that list since most people looking for recommendations on that list will have seen those, or GL at least. Instead of Mecha I'd have Real Robots and Super Robots especially since the mecha there seems to mean robots. Super Robots are technically mecha too - shows like Aquarion had some very "mechanical" designs.

Psychological is a dodgy category.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Anime categorization is serious business.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

disclaimer:

I just copypastaed that list off someone who copypastaed that list off /a/
    Sure, categorization isn't great, and it's not completely up to date, but it does give a good "list of watch these".

As for clannad being in Comedy, hurr. It's not a romance, the women are too 1 dimensional. It's a more of a "Slice of Life", I suppose. That said, "comedy/slapstick" seems to be where all the school ones are dumped, so at least it's consistent

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Raving

If you're looking some something along lovely complex lines (I must admit you favorite animes are awesome! ;D ) then definatly go for Toradora and Ouran High School Host Club.

Ouran is light hearted until the end. Toradora is also semi light hearted but has lost of drama.

Also try Kimi Ni Todoke which is still comming out weekly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 orchiles

code geass, u will love the it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bell22

To Loveru Troubles...this anime won't make me stop laughing :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mkvenner

GUNDAM SEED!
    maybe not the type of anime your looking for but i just finished watching it a few days ago and i LOVED it! it was fantastic!

Advertisement