Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unusual moon tonight

Options
  • 27-02-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

did anyone see the full moon tonight. there is a massive dark circle right around it really unusual, not sure what it signifies though !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

did anyone see the full moon tonight. there is a massive dark circle right around it really unusual, not sure what it signifies though !

aw, my window doesnt point that way. can you get any picture of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

believe it or not i just went out in the bloody freezing cold with my camera, but it does nt come out in the photo !! id better stay off those mushrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I assume its just a lunar halo, in which case it just signifies that its a cold night and there are ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere refracting the moonlight. It does look lovely though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

*runs to look out the window

Will post back in a min!

edit - yeah, I saw it, kinda cool looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

i took a photo of it and there is a darker circle next to it,looks like a planet..quite strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Ye sure that wasn't jest the way the suns rays were bouncing off the cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I saw it yeah, loads of us were staring up at it! Not a clue what it is but the suspended ice crystals would make sense. Its like a light halo around the full moon, dark middle between it and the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Ah- The Dark Side Of The Moon :)

Advertisement