Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes in working conditions? Where do I stand?

Options
  • 28-02-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, just looking for some advice.

I've worked in my current job for about 18 months. It's an office based position but recently I was asked to work on the road for a couple of weeks, I agreed reluctantly but did so because I knew they needed people. I was told it would be for 2 weeks but that's turned into 3 now. Because of general bad management I can see this going on for a while, and tbh I don't particularly want to be on the road much longer. Am I within my rights to refuse?

Also, where do I stand in relation to an employee starting after me but being offered a higher basic salary?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

ukhkjbl wrote: »
    Hi guys, just looking for some advice.

I've worked in my current job for about 18 months. It's an office based position but recently I was asked to work on the road for a couple of weeks, I agreed reluctantly but did so because I knew they needed people. I was told it would be for 2 weeks but that's turned into 3 now. Because of general bad management I can see this going on for a while, and tbh I don't particularly want to be on the road much longer. Am I within my rights to refuse?

Also, where do I stand in relation to an employee starting after me but being offered a higher basic salary?

Thanks
    Dunno about the first part but the second is nothing that concerns you. If you accepted a job offer at a level of pay and signed up to it thats yoour decision

Advertisement